cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multimedia tests of GTS are failing on i.MX6 running Android 7.1.1

saiyamdoshi
Contributor II

#Hello,

We are using Android 7.1.1 on the Nitrogen6x platform based on i.MX6QDL. We are executing GTS test package and observed few audio/video related tests are failing. Please check attached logs and test result for the same. Please advise if there what could be the issue.

armeabi-v7a GtsMediaTestCases
TestResultDetails
armeabi-v7a GtsExoPlayerTestCases
TestResultDetails
com.google.android.exoplayer.gts.DashTest#testH264AdaptiveWithRendererDisabling
fail
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Test timed out after 300000 ms.
com.google.android.exoplayer.gts.DashTest#testH264AdaptiveWithSeeking
fail
com.google.android.exoplayer.gts.DashTest#testH265Adaptive
fail
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Codec(DashTest:Video) output 3813 buffers. Expected in range [3840, 3841].
com.google.android.exoplayer.gts.DashTest#testH265AdaptiveWithRendererDisabling
fail
com.google.android.exoplayer.gts.DashTest#testWidevineH264Adaptive
fail
java.lang.Error: com.google.android.exoplayer2.ExoPlaybackException

Thanks.

5 Replies

brood
Contributor III

Hi saiyamdoshi‌,

I've managed to solve one more GTS failure on my own (com.google.android.exoplayer.gts.DashTest#testH264AdaptiveWithSeeking).  If you're wondering how to solve the H265 failures, simply don't use NXP's H265 software codec and use Google's provided in AOSP.  I believe that I've had to limit the resolution to something other than 1080p to get it to pass all of the tests.  I can confirm the timestamp manager patch will fix (com.google.android.exoplayer.gts.DashTest#testWidevineH264Adaptive) as long as you have Widevine properly integrated.

Please see my post:

i.MX6Q H.264 video codecs fail GtsExoPlayerTestCases 

0 Kudos

mingzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

please apply timestamp_manager.patch to external/fsl_imx_omx.git (vendor/nxp/fsl_imx_omx.git in android 8.0)

it will fix widevine H264 issue.

About cases about H265, they are performance issue as i.mx6 use software decode for hevc codec. Please try to get waiver from google. 

brood
Contributor III

Hello saiyamdoshi‌,

I am also experiencing the same issues that you report above while running GTS.  Have you made any progress in resolving them?

We are running:

1. i.MX6Q

2. Android 7.1.1 BSP with Codec update to 7.1.2/8.0.0beta (needed to resolve CTS security issues)

3. Custom tablet design based on SabreSD

0 Kudos

saiyamdoshi
Contributor II

Hello mingzhou‌ - SoC is i.MX6DQ version only. Is there any known fix for this?

mingzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

IMX6DL (two cores) does not have enough performance for these test. some test case can pass only with IMX6DQ( four cores).

Audio stream is compressed in gts 5.0_r1 packages while it was not in previous. This cost more cpu usage for decryption and it get late.

0 Kudos