Kinetis motor suite(KMS) can't communicate with TWR-KV46F150M.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis motor suite(KMS) can't communicate with TWR-KV46F150M.

Jump to solution
iskim
Contributor II

I'm trying to operate TWR-KV46F150M and TWR-MC-LV3PH with KMS. But the KMS shows up an issue message that is below when I try to configure communication port.

----- Notification -----

An issue has prevented communication with target MCU: The ping message was not acknowledged. Please check physical connection to MCU, then navigate to Project menu to configure communication port.

-------------------------

The configuration details are below:

----- Device Manager -----

Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 12.21.06 PM.png

----- Configure communication port in KMS -----

Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 12.25.56 PM.png

----- Jumper setting -----

Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 12.28.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-04 at 12.29.03 PM.png

----- Tower system -----

All of the boards are correctly connected to the tower elevator modules(TWR-ELEV: primary, secondary).

So, I have two question.

1. What I'm missing... and I saw a post that is relevant to this issue (Problem connecting TWR-KV46F150M with KMS) but, as far as I know now TWR-KV46F150M is supported with the KMS according to Kinetis® Motor Suite User's Guide (https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/KMSUG.pdf).

2. Where can I get the example projects for MCUXpressoIDE to control BLDC motor with TWR-KV46F150M and TWR-MC-LV3PH? (without KMS, IAR Embedded Workbench, and FreeMASTER)

Labels (1)
1 Solution
philip_drake
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The firmware for the debugger on the board (once in bootloader mode) should be updated to the lastest version from PEMicro/opensda

If you have used MCUXpresso or the latest version of KDS with all the eclipse plug ins updated then you may be ok, since the drivers in theses IDEs do not do a mass erase.  If you have used an older version of the debugger older than MSD-DEBUG-TWR-KV46F15_Pemicro_v118.SDA and used the MSD drag and drop flash programming method you have mass erased the MCU flash and the KMS software is erased.   You should be using the following latest firmware from pemicro - Pemicro_OpenSDA_Debug_MSD_Update_Apps_2017_09_26.zip

If you mass erased the flash your only option to get KMS support again is to replace the board or exchange it with me. If you want to make the exchange please give me your email address.  

However, you can still do a lot of motor control using the reference projects available from NXP. see nxp.com/motorcontrol_pmsm. You would use Freemaster and MCAT for motor parameter measurement and tuning. 

Best Regards,

Philip

View solution in original post

3 Replies
philip_drake
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Not all TWR-KV46 boards have had the KMS firmware installed on them.  Only ones purchased directly from NXP since march of 2018 will work.  

You can get the BLDC and PMSM software from the SDK dashboard.  when creating the SDK request middle ware components for mc_bldc and mc_pmsm.  These are demo projects that could get you going with the MCUXpresso and the latest SDK.

Also projects using KDS and SDK2.x are available from nxp.com/motorcontrol_bldc and nxp.com/motorcontrol_pmsm. The installers include the freemaster projects used for doing automatic parameter measurement with MCAT.

iskim
Contributor II

Thank you for you replay Philip.

I purchased a TWR-KV46F150M board Sep 2018 directly from NXP, but I can't connect KMS.

But I think I'm already tried to flash another firmware that is contained in a quick start document to bootloader and the other.

Can I be provided the firmware that is working with NXP?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
philip_drake
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The firmware for the debugger on the board (once in bootloader mode) should be updated to the lastest version from PEMicro/opensda

If you have used MCUXpresso or the latest version of KDS with all the eclipse plug ins updated then you may be ok, since the drivers in theses IDEs do not do a mass erase.  If you have used an older version of the debugger older than MSD-DEBUG-TWR-KV46F15_Pemicro_v118.SDA and used the MSD drag and drop flash programming method you have mass erased the MCU flash and the KMS software is erased.   You should be using the following latest firmware from pemicro - Pemicro_OpenSDA_Debug_MSD_Update_Apps_2017_09_26.zip

If you mass erased the flash your only option to get KMS support again is to replace the board or exchange it with me. If you want to make the exchange please give me your email address.  

However, you can still do a lot of motor control using the reference projects available from NXP. see nxp.com/motorcontrol_pmsm. You would use Freemaster and MCAT for motor parameter measurement and tuning. 

Best Regards,

Philip