cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code Warrior QCVS 4.5 missing target connection list

thomashiestand
Contributor I

Hello support team and community,

I have CodeWarrior 10.5.1 with QCVS  Plugin 4.5 installed. CodeWarrior Tap via Ethernet in use.

To use DDR component tool I need to setup target connection.

In principle connection to T1040D4RDB is working fine. ( Write of RCW, Uboot image e.g. possible)

Acc. to QCVS_GettingStarted_Guide.pdf I choose

Window > Show View > Other and then in Show View dialog I try to choose Processor Expert > Connections.

Unfortunately there is no connections option. I have attached a picture of the view.

Any idea why I don´t have the connection option ? Is there any other way to set up the target connection ?

My goal is to read via QCVS DDR Configuration Tool the SPD data from target board. This fails due to missing connection. Also here picture attached.

Any other way to read the SPD EEPROM inside of CodeWarrior

Many thanks in advance for hints

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Mike2022
Contributor I

Hello, did you get this problem resolved? I encountered the same problem as yours. It seems the QCVS 4.5 doesn't provide option to open a connection view (which means it cannot connect to a real target with Power-Architecture or QorIQ processor).

One REPLY also doesn't apply to your (and mine) situation: He used a Layerscape example. I have both tool installed in my computer: ARM version of QCVS tool worked perfect to connect a Layerscape processor target; but the PA version of QCVS tool didn't work to connect to a PA processor target, because it doesn't have an option to open a Connection View

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Thomas Hiestand,

Please create "read SPD" to read SPD information from the target board to create a QCVS project.

You could refer to DDR Controller Configuration on LS2085/LS2080 Bringing up.

For details, please refer to https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/QCVS_DDR_User_Guide.pdf.

If your problem remains, please open CodeWarrior Connection Server(CCS) and type "log v", then connect to the target board, the low level communication information will be printed, please capture the console log to me to do more investigation.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

BeyongJong
Contributor I

Can I download the QCVS 4.5 file?
Can you provide me the QCVS 4.5 file?

김병종
0 Kudos

Mike2022
Contributor I

Hello,  yipingwang

Just saw you are a NxP Technical support role. Can you take a look at QCVS 4.5 for PA or QorIQ processors? This version of tools seems not have an option to open a Connection View as described in the linked QCVS_DDR_User_Guide.pdf.

Thanks 

0 Kudos