cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RapidIoT: Led Matrix Easy & Quick start demo

jean-francoisau
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

This following example shows the capabilities of the NXP’s RapidIoT to drive the MikroElektronika 8x8 B click module

through the SPI protocol.

This minimalist example to be flashed via MCUXpresso and a docking station embeds only mandatory environment for this application.

The main() is located in the source/ RapidIoT_8x8_B_click_demo_bm.c file

• BOARD_InitBootPins()                          function sets the SPI pin mapping (pin_mux.h)
  • BOARD_InitBootPeripherals()                function configures the SPI (peripherals.h)
  • lptmr_Init();                                          function initializes the Low Power Timer (delays)
  • display_Configuration()                          function is used to correctly set the led matrix
  • display_Clear(), scroll_Columns(), scroll_Columns_back(), display_counter(),

display_decounter(), bright_Configuration(), display_N(), display_X(), display_P(),

scroll_Lines(), scroll_Lines_back(),  display_NXP(), display_RapidIoT()

All those functions are used to play with the led matrix.

The code is fully documented.

There is also a readme.txt file located in doc directory that gives you all the information needed to make it works!

Feel free to adapt it to your needs !

Warning: Flashing K64 memory may erase kboot which is ok if you know that you no longer need it -see user guide for more information

Enjoy your RapidIoT!  

Labels (2)
2 Replies

trialaccount12
Contributor V

Hi jean-francoisaupee,

Thanks for the demo. It helped me in my project. However when I tried to modify it, I faced few issues. It would be helpful if you can take a look into this thread.

Unable to flash new code in rapid iot board 

Thanks and Regards

Niranjan

0 Kudos

javierasolorzan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thank you for sharing Jean-Francois!

0 Kudos