Uboot Custom Version Number

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uboot Custom Version Number

naveedghori
Contributor I

What is the best way to expose a custom uboot version (we have an internal version number for our release build of uboot). WOuld be even better to also expose a build timestamp.

I have tried using the compiler command line however this worked fine when programming with Mfgtool but I found when upgrading uboot this sometimes would not be updated (Weird I know).

As I am a bit of a newbie I may be missing something. I used the u-boot.imx file to create a full 2MB file and write that to the u-boot partition to ensure any other data is erased. Not sure if other stuff is saved elsewhere.

Note: we are using uboot 2014.04 and Linux 3.14

0 Kudos
3 Replies

naveedghori
Contributor I

For now I have gone with creating an info block a the end of the uboot partition. This is done by creating a file for the full 2MB partition and adding meta data into an info block at the very end. This can then be read by and interpreted as required (will probably write a driver to expose this information).

0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
0 Kudos

naveedghori
Contributor I

I want a way for Linux to be able to read the custom uboot version. Eg for every minot change to uboot we will give it our own number eg 1.01, 1.02. and we want linux to be able to detect the current running uboot.

Currently I am looking at punting some info at the end of the uboot partition. Not sure if this is advisable or done by anyone else. Maybe there is a better way?

0 Kudos