How to implement SW power off on IMX7D sabre board?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to implement SW power off on IMX7D sabre board?

christsang
Contributor III

Hi everyone,

I am using the imx7dsabresd with PF3000 for my development. There are 4 buttons on the board - power on/off, reset and 2 user button.

The power on/off button can force off the system by long press and wake the system from off state by pressing the button. It seems the PWRON_CFG bit of PF3000 is set to 1. Thus the pmic only handle the power on event and the force off event.

So what can I do for the SW power off part? 

Chris

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Chris

one can try to control pmic_on_req (it is connected to pmic pwron on i.MX7D Sabre SD board

schematic SPF-28590) using suggestions given on

Q&A: How is mx6 PMIC_ON_REQ under SW control? 

Schematics (2)
Design files for i.MX 7Dual (REV D)
Design files, including hardware schematics, Gerbers, and OrCAD files for i.MX 7Dual (REV D)
i.MX 7Dual Applications Processors | Dual Arm® Cortex®-A7 + Cortex-M4 |NXP 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

christsang
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

Thanks for your reply. Power off by PMIC action is not suitable for me. This will cause data loss when the system is writing data to storage device.

I would prefer to have something like software interrupt method for kernel to settle and to handle the power off action in software level.

Is the snvs_pwrkey driver capable to do the power off action? As I check that the LPSR SPO bit is set when the power button is pressed. The interrupt is cleared afterwards but no follow up power off action is executed.

Chris

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Chris

regarding "Power off by PMIC action is not suitable for me",

could you clarify your requirement. Do you mean power off processor without

removing its power supplies ?

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

christsang
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

I mean power off the system only by hardware level is not enough.

Anyway, I am able to handle the power off interrupt now. Thanks.

Chris

0 Kudos