cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State transitions when SW1 on MCIMX6DL-SDP is pressed

eishishibusawa
Contributor III

Dear Sir

I would like to confirm the state transitions when SW1 on MCIMX6DL-SDP is pressed.

It seems that the MCIMX6DL-SDP shuts down when pressed for more than 5 seconds.

It seems that the MCIMX6DL-SDP does not shut down when pressed less than 5 seconds.

Q1.

Is this behavior correct?

Customer want to shut down MCMIX 6DL-SDP even when pressing SW 1 for less than 5 seconds.

Q2.

How is it able to shut down in less than 5 seconds?

Best Regards,

Eishi SHIBUSAWA

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

eishishibusawa
Contributor III

Dear NXP support member

Please reply this question.

Best Regards,
Eishi SHIBUSAWA

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Eishi SHIBUSAWA,

I have confirmed it for you that, the default version BSP Linux L4.1.15_1.1.0 on the MCIMX6DL-SDP boot up is more than 5 second. The behavior in your side is normal. About how to shut down the board less than 5 second your customer need to to modify the u-boot and kernel themselves, we do not have this sulution for it.

Here I can give you some recommend and reference thread, you customer also can try to Remove the uboot bootloader and use whoosh simple booter for imx6,For the kernel remove any option that is not used in your application, the smaller the better. Also when dealing with the RFS not all the systems have the same mount time.Details you can see in the following thread. Hope them can do help for you.

Linux Fast Boot on i.MX6 Sabresd Board 

Booting i.MX6 under one second - i.MXDev Blog 

https://community.nxp.com/message/895274?commentID=895274#comment-895274
Have a great day,
Rita

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos