cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMXRT EVKB MFG Tool error

rizwanm
Contributor II

Hello.

I have an I.MX RT1050 Evaluation Kit that I want to flash with the mfgtool and a binary from MCUxpresso. The flash memory I want to use is the hyper Flash  . But now I was not able to flash the EVKB kit

i tried given below the link to converting s.19 file to bin & bin to .sb file

Generating a Bootable Image for the RT1050 | NXP Community 

Successfully generated .sb file, but when am trying to flash using default MFG tool

it is not flashing it is showing red color error

attached the picture

I never got an error at generating sb file using mcUxpresso  .

Regards,

Rizwan M

0 Kudos
2 Replies

jay_heng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can also try this tool, with this tool, You can flash bare image into various boot devices easily and don't need to care about headers (ivt, boot data...)

GitHub - JayHeng/nxp-sec-boot-ui: A one-stop GUI tool to work with NXP MCU (Kinetis, i.MXRT, LPC) RO... 

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Rizwan M,

In the early SDK versions for RT1050 (SDK2.3.0 and earlier), the projects did not include the
flash configuration block and IVT required to make a bootable image across all toolchains.
Starting with the SDK 2.3.1 release, projects and its generated *.bin file include XIP files that
add this information to the project. This allows for programming a bootable application to
the external flash memory directly from the debugger.
With SDK2.3.1 and later, the on board DAP-Link firmware also changes.

I have written article on this related:

Programming i.MXRT with MCUXpresso IDE and BOOT 

"3. Using MFGTool program with Boot"

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos