MCUXpresso v10.2.0.759 - hangs at 2% when debugging

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso v10.2.0.759 - hangs at 2% when debugging

mathieu_bordere
Contributor I

Setup is an i.MX RT1050 board connected with a j-link Segger interface running on a Windows 10 machine.

After a couple of debug sessions, launching a debug session will hang at 2% completion and stay there for easily 60+ seconds. Restarting MCUXpresso solves the issue temporarily, untill it returns after launching a handful of debug sessions.

Also see this topic https://community.nxp.com/thread/480133 where I describe the same issue for MCUXpresso 10.1.1.606, however in that version the problem is even more accute it seems. I have already tried the latest version of MCUXpresso, but the problem remains.

Other members in my team face the same problem and it can be quite frustrating at times. 

Can I enable some logging or provide certain additional information to more easily identify the source of this problem?

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Kind regards,

Mathieu

0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

In the first place, check out the latest version of : Overview of using the MIMXRT1050-EVK(B) with MCUXpresso IDE 

Although this doesn't cover SEGGER explicitly, it may provide some useful hints to try.

If you continue to have issues, please confirm what version of the RT1050 board you have, the version of MCUXpresso IDE and SEGGER software you are using, and the version of SDK.

You may find the following blog of use too : i.MX RT1050 EVK vs. EVKB | MCU on Eclipse 

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

In addition to that, the obvious question is if this only happens for a specific project or as well with the ones from the SDK?

If you have FreeRTOS awareness turned on in the launch config, then I suggest you try to disable it.

The other thought I have is that your firewall/virus scanner could cause issues and slow things down over time. Can you try to disable it to see if this has any impact?

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos