AnsweredAssumed Answered

Boot from SD using MFGTools + MCUXpresso + RT1050EVK

Question asked by Mateusz Piesta on Jul 20, 2018
Latest reply on Jan 22, 2019 by Erich Styger

Hello,

Did anyone try to program boot image created under MCUXpresso into SDCard ? My goal is to boot from eMMC but as first step I would like to boot from sdcard and later switch to eMMC. I successfuly managed to create boot_image.sb file and I am able to program it into SDCard but after reconfiguring boot pins and reset program won't boot. I am following steps described in AN12107 but unfortunately project configure related steps are for IAR. 

My configuration:

- application code executed from DTCM

- I modified linker script to put reset vector and rest of the app code under 0x20002000 address

- in "imx-dtcm-unsigned.bm" file i set startAddress = 0x20000000 and entryPointAddress = 0x20002000 (that's where vectors are)

- I am using "program_sdcard_image.bd" without any custom changes

- I'm using hello_blinky example project as base

EDIT: After some reading and searching I believe entryPointAddress should be set to 0x20002000 (vectors array start address). Still I don't know if I should set startAddress to 0x20000000  or to different address ? I also recreated example SD card boot example from AN12107(section 3.5) using ITCM but I'm facing the same problem, app won't boot. Why is it necessary to set startAddress to 0x8000 ? Why it can't be beginning of ITCM memory ?

I would be grateful for any info, example or simple tutorial.

Thanks in advance

Mateusz Piesta

Outcomes