cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRK-MPC5606B flash programming with RAppId BL fails

daifeidi
Contributor I

Hello guys,

I tried to flash the evaluation board TRK-MPC5606B as described with the RAppId Boot Loader Utility, but for some reason it doesn't work.

External power 12VDC, Jumper settings (SBC_5V, J17 1-2, J18 2-3, J7 1-2, J8 1-2) as described in the corresponding training manual. And here are my configure settings.

com_Info.png
configure4.png

At first there's always a messagebox tells "Loss Communication with BAM. Check Password or Verify Boot Configuration Setting ABS2=1, ABS1=0, FAB=1. Please cycle power and try again."
Then I kept pull out and insert the USB line again and again.One out of five times,it moves on to the next step. (progress indication increases "BTL 0% to BTL 100 %" then "Init") but then I get the following error message "Loss Communication with CCP MCU. Please cycle power and try again."
LossCommunication.png
I get the results when I attempt to flash the delivered example files "Training_LED_Example.mot".
I have also tried some advices from the community,but none of them works .

How to get .mot file to install RAppID BL Tool

TRK-MPC5606B flash programming with RAppId Boot Loader Utility fails

BAM problem: RAppID boot loader error (MPC 5644a)

I have enabled the tracing function,here is some of the data.

data.png

data2.png

You may check the attachments if you would like to read all of them.

Have you guys ever met the same problem,that every time tried to program the chip you have to pull out and insert the USB line again?

How can I get over the "Loss Communication " problem and move on to the next step?

Any help appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I was able to use the RAppID Bootloader to program your .mot file. However, I believe I have a slightly different board than you. I have the TRK-MPC560xB Rev. D board. This board has the 5606BK chip on it (PPC5606BK0MLQ6, 0N13E, QAF1205D). So this means I had to use the MCU Part No option in RAppID Bootloader: MPC5605/6BK. I also had to set the BAM password to: 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. On the board, I have J1 set to USB_5V and I use the RESET button, S5, located near the lower right edge of the board to reset before start of boot loader. Otherwise, I used same hardware settings as you.

pastedImage_1.png

Hope it helps,

Mike

0 Kudos

daifeidi
Contributor I

Thank you for replying. I've tried some configurations on the RAppID BL Tool,and finally it works.

搜狗截图20180720132641.png

But its still hard for the tool to recognize the board.Every time I tried to program the chip I have to pull out and insert the USB line again.Anyway,it works.

Thank you.

0 Kudos