cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to flash two binaries in lpc54608

subodhmankar
Contributor II

Hi,

I am currently using lpc54608 and  MCUXPRESSO IDE for prograaming and flashing, I want to use dual enhanced feature.

Say one program is hello.axf and other is hello_nxp.axf, I want to load hello.axf at 0x0 location and hello_nxp.axf say at 0x5000.

Where can I specify the 5000 location and how can I flash at different location?

How can I make lpc54608 for loading latest firmware based on firmware version available from multiple binaries (configuration needed)?

Regards,

Subodh

3 Replies

ben11
Contributor II

I've got the same issue. Though I'm only after a single enhanced image with CRC check. I can't find any documentation as to how to produce them but have also posted a question on these forums (https://community.nxp.com/thread/479392 ).

Did you manage to find a solution?

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I assume that you have two projects, one for each image. You can use the Memory Configuration Editor to change the start of flash address for the second image to the required address. See section 12, "Memory Configuration and Linker Scripts" of the MCUXpresso IDE v10.0.0 User Guide for more details.

One thing to note is that I strongly suggest that you ensure that the address of the second image matches the address of a sector in flash (which are 32KB on LPC5460x). Otherwise you are likely to see issues with programming one image erasing the other image.

With regards to programming the images, the simplest would probably be to use the GUI flash programmer to program the one image, and then debug the second. For more details see section 10.5, "Using the LinkServer flash programmer", of the MCUXpresso IDE v10.0.0 User Guide. 

It also should be possible to program the first image when launching a debug session for the second by adding a command based on what the GUI flash programmer uses to a pre-launch command to the Debugger tab of the launch configuration editor to program the flash (which can either be a .bin or .axf). See section 14.2.1, "Editing a Launch Configuration" of the MCUXpresso IDE v10.0.0 User Guide.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

patrickhudson
Contributor III

Hello,

How is the Dual Enhanced image created?

What method and/or tools would be used in Production to flash the Dual Enhanced Image.

Thanks,

Patrick