cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange debug behavior in multicore

bassduty
Contributor II

Hello,

I'm trying to debug a project on MPC5748G using Z4_0 and Z4_1. I'm using S32 Version: 2017.R1 Build id: 171018 and a PE-Micro multilink FX as debugger.

It's quite impossible to launch the Z4_1 debug session. Z4_0 always works.

Z4_1 launch was working without problem for several session this morning, and then no possible to launch it again. Actually without code or configuration change between the working session and the not working session.

Behavior is mostly (because sometimes differents behavior happens) as follow :

- I launch Z4_0 --> ok

- then I launch Z4_1. Usually I got a breakpoint on main() and I have to select "resume" to continue.

But here it's running without any break point on main(), probably because it's not going until main().

If I pause the Z4_1 I got (most of the time) following message : "No source available for "0x10".

The debugger console is warning :

Program received signal SIGINT, Interrupt.
0x00000010 in ?? ()

But more strange is that the debugger console is telling me that no source file named "path...\\main_Z4_0.c is found whereas I'm launching Z4_1, not Z4_0 (which is already launched and running fine). So I don't understand why debugger console is warning the fact it doesn't find main_Z4_0 while I'm launching main_Z4_1.

I also get this message : Warning: the current language does not match this frame. Some searching on internet did not really bring an answer to that message.

Also, when I want to launch Z4_0 only, it re compile Z4_1 as well. I don't understand why. I thought it should be independant.

Sometimes, I also get this kind of error :

gdb[1].proc[42000].threadGroup[i1],gdb[1].proc[42000].OSthread[1]).thread[1].frame[0]

One time I got Z4_1 starting then "falling" into 0x50 illegal address. Behavior is not constant.

I found this thread https://community.nxp.com/thread/390383  but it is not really helping.

Any help would be appreciated, I'm completely stuck and I don't even know where to start looking at.

Thanks in advance.
Best regards.

0 Kudos
0 Replies