cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6 spi slave with sdma

pazzodalegare
Contributor II

Dear all,

I'm looking for support  for spi slave with sdma. Do you have any suggestion?

I know that there's around a patch to use ecspi as spi slave in pio mode (something like [RFC,5/5] spi: imx: Add support for SPI Slave mode for imx53 and imx6 chips - Patchwork ) and I gave it a try. But I would like to use the ecspi to receive a fast stream of data.
I had a look at sdma hacking articles (Jonah's Blog by skrap and Freescale i.MX SDMA tutorial (part I)) and it could be a way to implement something but I wonder if NXP guys could suggest something more standard using current sdma driver.

Thank you for your help,

pz

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pazzo

from sect.4.4.2.2 Software Limitations attached Linux Manual, found

on below official nxp software web page:
The ECSPI driver limitations are as follows:
• Does not currently have SPI slave logic implementation

Also there are many other configurations and settings in linux codes (in development and experimental).

i.MX Software|NXP 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

pazzodalegare
Contributor II

Thanks a lot for your answer and your help Igor.

I'm aware of current NXP software limitation (and ecspi silicon's bugs that will be never solved)

but I'm looking around for solutions. I had a look at your link but I cannot find anything related to ecspi in slave.
Could you please indicate, if any, something from your link related to ecspi in slave mode?

BR,

pz

0 Kudos