cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FreeMaster can't find buffer address

geansousa
Contributor I

Hi everybody,

I am trying to use freemaster with USBDM. The scope worked ok, but I need more speed.

So, I included the files from the freemaster library, set the FMSTR_USE_PDBDM, and the FMSTR_Recorder() and FMSTR_Poll() functions are being called from a loop in the main function. But it doesn't work. When configuring FreeMaster,  It starts scanning if the button Search Address is pressed, but at a certain point I always get the following error:

pastedImage_1.png 

If I click Test Connection in the "Packet driven BDM communication" window, I get the error:

pastedImage_2.png

Any ideas on how to solve it?

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

About FreeMaster Error Message: 0x80000081
In the freeMaster option menu you have most probably turned on the BDM connection and the communication is working fine. And then you want to turn on the recorder and you see the error as you describe. Now the reason of this is that the BDM protocol doesn’t need the recorder. To use the recorder you would need a software in the MCU. You should better use serial line connection when you want to use the recorder.

About FreeMaster Error Message: 0x80000085
Please refer below thread:
https://community.nxp.com/thread/68839

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos