Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset error, debugging KW41Z with an external J-link Base tool

Jump to solution
diegocomin
Contributor IV

Hi,

I have a Rigado Module R41Z (based on KW41Z) solded in a custom board. I want to debug it with an external J-Link debugger via SWD, but all the time im getting this response from J-Link software as well from Kinetis Design Studio IDE, when I try to debug it with a custom program:

pastedImage_1.png

The schematic from SWD and the R41Z module is the following:

pastedImage_2.png

The module is powered by 2.6V, can be the low power the cause of this error? 

It is the reset button connection the error?

With this J-Link tool I am able to program KW41Z Eval module without problem, I do not program them with Open-SDA firmware, so I hope the J-Link debugger are not the cause of the problem.

I would appreciate a solution of this problem, I can not program my board if I do not fix it.

Best,

Diego C.

1 Solution
gerardo_rodriguez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

This is a duplicate thread. For the resolution, refer to Reset error, debugging KW41Z with an external J-link Base tool.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
gerardo_rodriguez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

This is a duplicate thread. For the resolution, refer to Reset error, debugging KW41Z with an external J-link Base tool.

diegocomin
Contributor IV

I attacthed below the Reset signal from the KW41Z:

pastedImage_1.png

So I think the KW41Z is continuously resseting maybe it is the cause of the error. When I plug the J-Link tool in order to debug the module I obtain the message "Connect under reset", "Communication error while accessing MDM-AP" and the J-Link LED turn red (because it is always resseting).

How can I solve this problem? Please I really need a solution.

Diego C.

0 Kudos