OpenSDA / DAPLink do not update - stuck in MAINTENANCE

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenSDA / DAPLink do not update - stuck in MAINTENANCE

Anonymous
Deactivated User

This looks like an old problem and the solution is available from mbed but following it I still cannot upgrade firmware.

My FRDM-K64F board debug firmware was corrupted and I followed the instructions on https://os.mbed.com/blog/entry/DAPLink-bootloader-update/   to the letter . I got OpenSDA to boot as MAINTENANCE but on the step #5 the upgrade to the DAPLink did not work: after the upgrade firmware still boots as MAINTENANCE. As a result, it is only a storage device but not recognized as a debug probe. Tried to upload OpenSDA binary from OpenSDA Serial and Debug Adapter|NXP 

the same result - the board stuck in MAINTENANCE and no debug probe recognized.

Please help.

Labels (1)
3 Replies

Bing
Contributor II

I solved the same problem by erasing MK64 flash with an external JLINK.

In my case some buggy codes put MK64 resetting constantly, which in turn hold the onboard OpenSDA on MAINTENANCE mode via reset pin.

Hope you can revive your board by the same approach.

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please check the version of the DAPLink bootloader or interface firmware in the DETAILS.TXT when the device is mounted as MAINTENANCE or DAPLINK.

version of the DAPLink bootloader.png
I am using the DAPLink rev0244 OpenSDA v2.2 Bootloader(0244_k20dx_bl_0x5000.bin) and DAPLink rev0244 firmware application(k20dx_frdmk64f_if_crc_legacy_0x5000.bin) download from OpenSDA Serial and Debug Adapter|NXP.

DAPLink rev0244.png

After firmware application is installed, you should be able to find it in Device Manager.

Device Manager.png

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Anonymous
Deactivated User

I did all that sequence on two PCs (WIndows 7 and Win 10) - the same result - still MAINTENANCE mount as as external drive but no probe recognized.

0 Kudos