cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPI Master Communication - MK10 and MQX 4.0

Ali2006
Contributor II

Hello All,

I'm currently using the MK10 system with MQX4.0 and I'm having trouble with my SPI communication.  I have my SPI setup with 4 chip select channels and each includes it's own SPI configuration.  I have an application with many tasks, two of which utilize a single SPI channel.  I have semaphores preventing them from using the SPI at the same time, etc.. and all of that is working just fine.  The system performs these reads every 5mS, each read is 32 bytes long, done in two 16 byte transfers to try to avoid filling the Receive FIFO as per the errata notes.  For the most part the entire application is working just fine.  But every now and then I get an odd occurrence on in the SPI communication, see below.   The glitch in the Slave select line in the SPI_low channel appears to be coming from the MK10, but I'm not sure why.    Any suggestions greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

pastedImage_1.png

Good data transfers look as follows.

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos
1 Reply

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ali2006

Since your system performs these reads every 5ms, could you configure the reads every to 20ms or a large value to check whether this issue still exists?
What is your tasks priority? I would suggest you increase the priority of task A to check this issue.

From you description, it seems only peripherals with Task A have this issue.  Does peripherals with Task B have this issue?

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos