Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx-test : Compile error "linux/mxcfb.h: No such file or directory"

dh29
Contributor IV

Platform:   iMX7D

Kernel:      4.9.11 (Freescale)

imx-test:    Branch imx_4.9.11_1.0.0_ga  ( imx-test.git - i.MX Driver Test Application Software )

Buildroot:   2017.08

As part of a development using a MIPI CSI ADV7280M (see post iMX7D : MIPI CSI : ADV7280-M ) I am trying to compile some of the imx-test applications - namely mxc_v4l2_tvin.c

I am getting a compilation error linux/mxcfb.h: No such file or directory

This file/directory is present as part of the linux (4.9.11) sources, but it is not present in arm-buildroot-linux-gnueabihf/sysroot/usr/include/linux.

What am I missing?

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

shivanipatel
Senior Contributor II

Hi dh29,

You need to install Yocto Cross compile toolchain in order to compile imx-test applications.

I have setup the Toolchain for i.MX7d board.

To install Yocto Cross Compile toolchain, please perform following steps.

• Go to Yocto Build Directory.
    • e.g.  $ cd $HOME/fsl-release-bsp
  • Source the build environment for i.MX7d board then execute the below command.
    • bitbake fsl-image-machine-test -c populate_sdk 

This will generate the Toolchain script & it is located at tmp/deploy/sdk.

• Install the toolchain by running the script file.
    • e.g.  ./tmp/deploy/sdk/<script_file>.sh

This will ask where you need to install the toolchain.So you need to specify the path, if you don't specify the path then it will take the default path.

Each time you want to use the toolchain, you have to source the environment setup script .

• e.g. source /<sdk_toolchain_path>/<environment_setup_script>

Using these steps you will be able to run all the imx-test applications using make command.

Regards,

Shivani

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi dh29

one can try to follow attached Yocto Guide build steps, use

fsl-image-machine-test described in Table 1. i.MX Yocto project images.

More documentation can be found on

i.MX Software|NXP 

Building issues also may be posted on meta-fsl-arm mailing list:
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/listinfo/meta-freescale

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

dh29
Contributor IV

Hi Igor,

The v4L2 imx-test utilities I built over the weekend using Yocto run OK. They are highlighting some problems in bringing up the ADV7280-M device, but I'll continue these issues over on this postiMX7D : MIPI CSI : ADV7280-M

Thanks again.

0 Kudos

dh29
Contributor IV

Hi igor,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Over the weekend I've set-up a new virtual-machine at home (Yocto's pretty big) and used the fsl-image-machine-test image for the imx7sabresd (imx7d) under Yocto, as you described. This has built OK and has generated the imx-test utilities OK. I'll try to run them on my target when I'm back in work on Monday.

Following, I'll have to free some time to figure out what is missing in my Buildroot environment. It looks like there have been a number of changes in more recent version of Buildroot, since my version of 2017.08, around the imx7.

Many thanks,

dh29

0 Kudos