FRDM-KEAZ128 debug mode

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-KEAZ128 debug mode

Contributor III

I have a FRDM-KEAZ128 development board (part number FRDM-KEAZ128Q80). There is a MC33903 SBC chip on the development board. I want to develop CAN now, but I don't want to configure the MC33903. I noticed that the MC33903 has a debug mode and can use the CAN transceiver without configuring the MC33903 via SPI. How to configure the circuit in the picture?

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Logan,

If you want to configure the MC33903 in debug mode, you need to follow that chip's datasheet:

pastedImage_1.png

I suggest you control the SPI interface to enable the CAN module.

Actually, in the community, there has a sample code for your reference, you can refer to it:

FRDM-KEAZ128Q80 MSCAN Communication 

MSCAN_Driver+FRDM_KEA128 Example_TransmitPerSecond.zip

It is S32DS on FRDM-KEAZ128 board.

You can try this code:

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Contributor III

Does it need to connect 12V power at J16?  I don't have 12v power supply , I only have the USB interface . Is this okay?

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Logan,

Yes, you are right, this board need to connect 12V power at J16, J107 need to connect pin1,2.

The bit rate is 500Kpbs, this is my test result:

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

Actually, 12V power is very easy to find.

If you don't want to use 12V, you also can use our TRK-KEA128 board, that board CAN transiver don't need the external 12V, just USB cable is OK.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

Contributor III

没有12V真的可以吗?我现在仅仅用USB来供电,但是你发的例程,CAN信号就是出不来。我看了一下开发板的原理图。J107这个地方,如果接通23那么就是USB给单片机供电。如果接通12,那么就是SBC给单片机供电。也就是如果没有12V,那么SBC是没有电的,那么CAN收发器也就用不了。我是这样理解的。你可以去掉12V,仅仅用USB供电,然后试一下。如果能用的话,你拍个照片,我看看你开发板是怎么设置的。

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

在FRDM-KEA128板子上,没有12V真的不可以!

我已经试过了,你看我上面的结果呢,USB不行的。

所以我建议你,如果想只用USB,你用TRK-KEA128,那个板子的外部CAN收发器控制很简单,只控制CAN数据收发就行了。

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos