For KE18F processors is there Processor Expert in KDS or Peripheral tab of ConfigTools in MCUxpresso?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For KE18F processors is there Processor Expert in KDS or Peripheral tab of ConfigTools in MCUxpresso?

Jump to solution
onurdemirel
Contributor III

Hello,

I am using TWR-KE18F board. I looked for Kinetis Design Studio and MCUxpresso IDEs but I couldn't find how to generate startup or initialization codes. Is there any other way to obtain these codes? 

If no way to obtain these codes from manufacturer due to not supporting, I am curious about the reason behind this? Is this procedure not applicable for the processor or is the processor too old for this application. If the reason is processor-based, I can change the processor before starting my project. 

Last thing I think about this issue is; can I use any other processor that have similar pin-outs and necessary hardware and also supported by the manufacturer for this code generation issue.  

Thanks in advance,

Onur

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

You can both use KDS and MCUXpresso IDE to develop the TWR-KE18 board.

There is  MCUXpresso SDK MCUXpresso SDK|NXP  , it not only includes the startup or initialization codes,

but also drivers  and lost demos .

So first  you need to download SDK package for TWR-KE18 from https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/select   ,

after downlaod , there is a quick start "Getting Started with MCUXpresso SDK.pdf" under SDK package ,

it describe how to use and run demo on KDS, MUCxpresso . Also the "MCUXpresso_IDE_User_Guide.pdf"

says how to use SDK on MCUXpresso IDE.

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
onurdemirel
Contributor III

Hi Alice,

I am partially satisfied with your answer. Thanks for it. However I am still wondering why we can't use the Peripheral part of ConfigTool. It would be very easy and time-efficient by adjusting peripheral properties. 

Thanks,

Onur

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Onur,

As to the MCUXpresso Config Tool is a  new software ,  it only support parts of NXP chips,

the others will continue be released .

About the supported update , you can follow this thread :

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-333073  

Hope it helps

BR

Alice

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

You can both use KDS and MCUXpresso IDE to develop the TWR-KE18 board.

There is  MCUXpresso SDK MCUXpresso SDK|NXP  , it not only includes the startup or initialization codes,

but also drivers  and lost demos .

So first  you need to download SDK package for TWR-KE18 from https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/select   ,

after downlaod , there is a quick start "Getting Started with MCUXpresso SDK.pdf" under SDK package ,

it describe how to use and run demo on KDS, MUCxpresso . Also the "MCUXpresso_IDE_User_Guide.pdf"

says how to use SDK on MCUXpresso IDE.

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!