Processor Expert causes interrupt vector overlap?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processor Expert causes interrupt vector overlap?

Jump to solution
danielbronson
Contributor II

I'm pretty new to freescale, so I was using the processor expert on the TWR-56F8257's MC56F8257 processor.  I got everything set up on the processor expert in the manner which i want, and had no errors. 

However, I did have two warnings.  They warn of an "Overlap of the .interrupt_vectors section and .interrupt_vectorsboot section."  This is all generated code from Processor Expert.  I am wondering if this is a huge cause for concern (as it is only a warning, and I'm not seeing any crazy consequences of it), and if anyone sees a way that I can just fix it? 

Again, sorry to ask such basic questions, but I am new to this world.  I'm using Eclipse's Codewarrior for MCU's v.10.3.

Attached is an image of the error and the Vectors.c code that Processor Expert generated.
Help me out?

Original Attachment has been moved to: Vectors.c.zip

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Lukas_Heczko
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daniel,

Two interrupt vector tables are implemented in case of 56F8257 processor – the full table and the boot table that contains only first two vectors from the full table: a power on reset and watchdog reset vectors. In other words, the boot table is subset of the full table and both tables start at the same address. Therefore the code stored in the memory is the same and there is no danger of code overwriting. You can ignore this warning, however we are working on solution which will prevent of this memory overlap.

Best Regards,

Lukas Heczko

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
lmatte
Contributor II

I'm producing code for an MC56F8037, and the warning is still there (yes, after five years and half)

Will... (ever) be resolved? Or maybe is already there a solution that I don't find?

0 Kudos
Lukas_Heczko
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daniel,

Two interrupt vector tables are implemented in case of 56F8257 processor – the full table and the boot table that contains only first two vectors from the full table: a power on reset and watchdog reset vectors. In other words, the boot table is subset of the full table and both tables start at the same address. Therefore the code stored in the memory is the same and there is no danger of code overwriting. You can ignore this warning, however we are working on solution which will prevent of this memory overlap.

Best Regards,

Lukas Heczko

0 Kudos
Surya001
Contributor I

Hi Lukas,

Is this overlap of the .interrupt_vectors section and .interrupt_vectorsboot section can affect the watchdog.  can we solve this error by increasing the length of the. p interrupts and changing the address of interrupt in linker file?

regards,

Surya

Tags (1)
0 Kudos