How do I enable ccm_clko1 on the csi0_mclk pin?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I enable ccm_clko1 on the csi0_mclk pin?

jefflancaster
Contributor I

I want to add a image sensor device with a mipi interface similar to the Sabre SD board's ov5640_mipi. However our hardware the main clock (CCM_CLKO1) that runs the image sensor on the CSI0_MCLK rather than the GPIO_0 pin. I lifted most of the code in the devicetree in imx6qdl-sabre.dtsi where the ov5640_mipi device is defined. In the iomuxc section of the Sabre device tree enables the GPIO_0 pin using MX6QDL_PAD_GPIO_0__CCM_CLKO1 0x130b0.

On our design, I am doing something very similar except that since our pin that supplies the main clock (CCM_CLKO1) to our image sensor is on the CSI0_MCLK pin I set the following line in iomuxc section of our devicetree: MX6QDL_PAD_CSI0_MCLK__CCM_CLKO1 0x130b0. As for the driver definition in the device tree, the only difference between the Sabre SD code (below) and mine is the name of the driver, ov5640_mipi.

Thus far I have not seen a clock on the CSI0_MCLK pin.

Any suggestions?

ov5640_mipi: ov5640_mipi@3c { /* i2c2 driver */
compatible = "ovti,ov5640_mipi";
reg = <0x3c>;
clocks = <&clks 201>;
clock-names = "csi_mclk";
DOVDD-supply = <&vgen4_reg>; /* 1.8v */
AVDD-supply = <&vgen3_reg>;  /* 2.8v, rev C board is VGEN3
rev B board is VGEN5 */
DVDD-supply = <&vgen2_reg>;  /* 1.5v*/
pwn-gpios = <&gpio1 19 1>;   /* active low: SD1_CLK */
rst-gpios = <&gpio1 20 0>;   /* active high: SD1_DAT2 */
csi_id = <1>;
mclk = <24000000>;
mclk_source = <0>;
};
Labels (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

jefflancaster
Contributor I

Yes, Thank you.

0 Kudos

jefflancaster
Contributor I

Apparently I set everything up correctly. I didn't see a clock on CSI0_MCLK pin until I loaded the driver. It's my image sensor driver that starts the MCLK and runs it thereafter.

0 Kudos

GregT
Contributor III

Hi Jeff,

I'm having trouble getting a clock out of MX6QDL_PAD_CSI0_MCLK__CCM_CLKO1.  Could you share the code in your driver that turned on the MCLK?  I just want to see if there is anything special that needs to be done.  FYI, the thread that contains my issue is https://community.nxp.com/thread/474438 .

Thank you,

Greg

0 Kudos

alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jeff,

Just to double check, did you solve the problem?

Best Regards,

Alejandro

0 Kudos