imx6q: Secure boot, How to add private key in a image

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6q: Secure boot, How to add private key in a image

ameerhamza
Contributor III

I am currently working on secure boot for sabrelite. By reading the Reference Manual of imx6q, i read that the public key should be burned on hardware fuses, and it then only authenticate those image which private key gets matched. So my question is that, lets say I have existing u-boot image and I want to add private key to that image. How can i do this without using any library or software ? Or should i embed private key during image build process ? I am very new in this, sorry if something does not make sense. Thanks in advance.

P.S: I can't afford to use any library or external software.

Thanks,

Hamza.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
4 Replies

ameerhamza
Contributor III

Thanks alot igor. I will look into it, and will let you know if faced any issue.

Thanks,

Hamza.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ameer

one can look at AN4581 Secure Boot MX50, i.MX53, and i.MX 6 Series using HABv4 

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN4581.pdf 

Encrypted boot loader on SabreSD i.MX6q board 

How to Create Blob 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ameerhamza
Contributor III

Hi igor,

Thanks for the prompt response. The problem is that I am using custom baremetal application (wrote from scratch), I want this baremetal application to boot securely, but the problem is that, all over the Internet there is a great explanation for making u-boot(provided by nxp) secure, but I could not find any explanation to make my baremetal image to implement secure boot. (i.e. i want to make authentication process all by myself). Can you point me to the link where i can information regarding this ? Kindly let me know if i need to provide more information about my environment. Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Hamza.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Hamza

one can look at sdk, mentioned on [post [Jul 22, 2013 9:35 PM]]

How to Create Blob 

Github SDK
https://github.com/backenklee/swp-report/tree/master/iMX6_Platform_SDK

Best regards