Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX 6 DL, IPU LUT manipulation issue

Jump to solution
edemircan
Contributor I

Hello,

I've been struggling with an 8 bits coded pixel conversion issue for a while. I want to learn if I can manipulate the IPU Look-up Table mentioned in Ref Man 38.4.2.9.

There is a reference to a Memory Access Unit that said to be used to access LUT as well as other IPU map regions such as CPMEM ( Ref Man 38.4.12.7) . It is said that, "memory mapped or not" all mentioned regions can be accessed with possible limitations.

I have come up with a pair of imx53 registers ( IPU_IMA_DATA and IPU_IMA_ADDR ) used for manipulating IPU memory. However, on the imx6 side there is nothing mentioned about neither a LUT start offset in the IPU map nor a register to manipulate it. There is only a memory reset register (IPU_MEM_RST) which succeeds to zeroize memory regions.

My MMI software includes all visual components in 8 bits color coded format and a palette exists for it. I have succeeded to run an INTERLEAVED_LUT display setup with some cpmem manipulations on the IDMAC side. The problem for now seems to be the correct mapping for the next step.

Any help appreciated, regards.

Emrah Demircan.

Setup details:

Custom board with imx6 ( MCIMX6U6AVM08AC ), VxWorks 6.9, 800*480 Varitronix LVDS screen.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

It's possible to use LUT in IPU but unfortunately it's not implemented in our Linux.

i.MX6 IPU Look Up Table. 

As for the LUT address, please look at the following Community thread.

IDMAC LUT address 

Location of LUT for IDMAC LUT look up mode? 

Also, customers can use the PXP LUT on i.MX 6S/DL.

https://community.nxp.com/message/600564 

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

It's possible to use LUT in IPU but unfortunately it's not implemented in our Linux.

i.MX6 IPU Look Up Table. 

As for the LUT address, please look at the following Community thread.

IDMAC LUT address 

Location of LUT for IDMAC LUT look up mode? 

Also, customers can use the PXP LUT on i.MX 6S/DL.

https://community.nxp.com/message/600564 

Have a great day,
Yuri

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

edemircan
Contributor I

Hello Yuri,

Tried John's answer and it worked, thanks to both of you!

Emrah.

0 Kudos