RT1050, MCUXpresso and Config Tools compatibility

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1050, MCUXpresso and Config Tools compatibility

ryanshuttlewort
Contributor IV

Hello I am using MCUXpresso IDE, version v10.1.0 [Build 589] [2017-11-14] with an MIMXRT1050-EVK SDK, version  2.3.0 (2017-11-16) and MCUXpresso Config Tools build 4.0.0.201711131454.  I am finding that the tool does not appear to be compatible with MCUXpresso projects and does not appear to fully support the RT105x.  The pin configuration editor appears to work but the clock and peripheral configuration tools show the MCU as not supported.  

When will MCUXpresso projects and the RT105x be fully supported by the configuration tool?

Thanks.

The Create New Configuration menu suggests that you can use and existing MCUXpresso project:

create_new_config.png

But when an MCUXpresso project is selected the popup below appears.  The Second option gets further but results in the MCU Not Supported messages. 

No MCUXpresso project support listed when first option is selected with a path to an MCUXpresso SDK project:

config_tool_support.png

No clock tool support:

config_tool_mcu_not_supported.png

No peripheral support:

peripherals_mcu_not_supported.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies

jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ryan Shuttleworth

The RT1050 is currently supported only with the Pins Tools functionality.  Support for the clocking tools is planned, but there is currently no planned support date for the peripheral tool.

All of this in in the MCUXpresso Supported Devices Table that is posted to the community

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-333073 

Hope this could help.

Best Regards

Jorge Alcala

0 Kudos

matthiaspimming
Contributor I

Hello,

I would like to use the MCUXpresso Config tool with an RT1050. When would there be fully support for the clocking tools?

Is it possible to get a priliminary version?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

ryanshuttlewort
Contributor IV

Thanks for the reply Jorge.

0 Kudos