cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identify CoAP resources in Thread network

sterenn
Contributor II

Hello, 

I have a FRDM-KW41Z Thread network and would like to list the CoAP resources on the devices. 

It is possible to list the devices with the getnodesip command (How to discover current nodes on a THREAD network? ), and I can have an idea of the resources I can send coap request to by typing help coap

Still, it looks like there is no /.well-known/core structure. I guess the reason is that all CoAP features are not implemented yet (Bug in CoAP library for KW41Z? ). 

My question is : is there any way to imitate/make a coap CON GET [IPv6] /.well-known/core request ? Would it be possible to create new resources (a simple hello world) on KW41Z ?

(sorry I'm new)

Thank you, 

Sterenn

[UPDATE: no coap discovery function is implemented. Since no coap block transfer is either, it makes it difficult to implement]

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

About the $getnodesip you will get a response like it is shown in this post How to obtain CoAP IP addresses from Thread neighbors? 

To create and add your own resource in the application, could you please check the Kinetis Thread Stack Application Developer's Guide, chapter 6 Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP). There is a detailed explanation on how to use the CoAP in the applications. 

This document it's located in the docs folder fo the SDK of the MCU under the following path. 

C:\<installation path>\SDK_2.2_FRDM-KW41Z\docs\wireless\Thread

Regards, 

Estephania 

0 Kudos