Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32 Design Studio for ARM 2018.R1 for Linux is shipped without SDK

Jump to solution
maksimsalau
Contributor II

Hello,

I've just installed the studio and can't find SDKs in it.

I.e. when I create a project for S32K144 I see the list on the attached screenshot:

Screenshot from 2018-04-04 21-34-33.png

The only SDK that is available for me is the one for S32K116 that was installed by the only update available.

Did something changed in the way SDKs are installed? I'm new to S32 and from tutorial I see that SDK should be ready out-of-the-box.

Thanks,

Maksim.

1 Solution
martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

unfortunately, SDK is available only for S32 Design Studio Windows versions. For S32 Design Studio SDK has not been tested so far. If you want to use SDK, please install S32DS on Windows platform.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Martin

View solution in original post

4 Replies
martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

unfortunately, SDK is available only for S32 Design Studio Windows versions. For S32 Design Studio SDK has not been tested so far. If you want to use SDK, please install S32DS on Windows platform.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Martin

maksimsalau
Contributor II

Hi Martin,

Thanks for information. Nevertheless SDK for S32K116 was added to 2018.R1 by the update.

What about Design Studio for ARM v2.0? I don't know if it was out-of-the-box or added by the updates, but SDK is available on Linux platform for S32K144 in Design Studio for ARM v2.0 (with all updates).

Does v2.0 differ much from 2018.R1 in terms of SDK format?

I.e. may I install SDK updates targeted for v2.0 onto 2018.R1? Or just stick to v2.0.

Thanks,

Maksim.

0 Kudos
martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

you are correct that SDK is available in Linux version of S32DS, but it has never been tested in Linux operating system and it does not completely work correct in Linux operating system. This is applicable for all versions of S32 Design Studio.

I have no idea, why is SDK available, when it is not tested and it is not compatible with Linux.

About your question I.e. may I install SDK updates targeted for v2.0 onto 2018.R1? Or just stick to v2.0.

No, this is not possible even in Windows versions. Every update is determined for some version and also, it is not possible to install older version of SDK into newest version of S32DS, because of some dependencies and Processor Expert tool. (This is applicable for Windows and Linux version too).

Regards,

Martin

maksimsalau
Contributor II

Hi Martin,

Thanks for information!

Regards,
Maksim.

0 Kudos