cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIP breakout board for KL25Z

DIP breakout board for KL25Z

DIP breakout board for the Kinetis Microcontrollers

thumb_i.png  thumb_i.png

2 layer board of 0.65x1.35 inches (16.54x34.29 mm).  Minimal component requirements. You can buy the board from Osh Park ($4.95) or download the design files here!

Thanks dgd for sharing the link!

Tags (2)
Comments

It'll be better if it comes in completely soldered unit, on-board programming interface and pin compatibility with Arduino Nano. It can be named "Nano Freedom Board" :smileylaugh:

In order to put the on-board programming on, the K20 needs to be put somewhere. The McHck from http://mchck.org can be used as a small external programmer; that board can be ordered from OSHPark, too. Here is the schematic:

MicroKL25Z-DIP-v1-board.png

I still need to formally test this board; I am awaiting them to arrive.  I expect that it will work without incident like the 64QFP one I built.  The QFP is much easier to solder... [More info on the QFP board here.]

My intent with this board as well as the QFP one was to make KL25Z boards that I could employ for various functions. I am in need of more than a handful of boards and the FRDM-KL25Z, while very attractive, becomes cost prohibitive in the quantities I need. Once the software for each function is mature enough for service, the programmer is no longer necessary.  That'd be why there's no programmer on the board itself - I'm using the FRDM board.

The board has been tested and it works.  It's important to note that the code loaded needs to use the internal oscillator.

Order here: OSH Park ~ microKL25Z-v1

If using mbed, then here's a modified mbed library that uses the internal oscillator by default and which also operates it at 48MHz instead of the original FLL setting of 41MHz:

mbed-src-FLL48 - a mercurial repository | mbed

A larger version with a little prototype area can also be ordered from: OSH Park ~ miniKL25Z

More info on that version can be seen here:

http://blog.sundayschildsnapshots.com/wp/2013/09/more-printed-circuit-boards/

No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎10-18-2013 01:12 PM
Updated by: