iWave Systems: Symmetric Multi - Processing (SMP) support verification on Windows Embedded Compact 7 with i.MX6 Quad Core platform

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iWave Systems: Symmetric Multi - Processing (SMP) support verification on Windows Embedded Compact 7 with i.MX6 Quad Core platform

'Multi-core Processor Technology’ will be the key in the development of next generation of advanced computing devices. With major silicon vendor Freescale bringing multi-core application processors for the mainstream embedded devices, there is  need to have the multi-core processing support in the embedded operating systems. Windows Embedded Compact 7(WEC7) will enhance the performance of ARM based multi-core platforms with the addition of Symmetric Multi-Processing (SMP) support. iWave systems has done a SMP support verification on its Freescale’s i.MX6 Quad core processor running WEC7 platform.

Symmetric Multi-Processing (SMP) support in WEC7:

The most important update in the Windows Embedded Compact 7 is the support for Symmetric Multi-Processing (SMP) which takes the full advantage of multi-core systems providing a performance boost when the multithreaded applications are being used. The multi-core processor platforms such as Freescale’s i.MX6Q which has 4 identical CPU cores, can effectively take advantage of SMP support in WEC7.

SMP enabled kernel can use several CPU cores simultaneously and distribute the execution of different processes and threads to them. The number of available cores can be determined by SMP API from the application – the processing and assignment of a thread to a specially selected core is also possible. Read More..

Windows Embedded Compact7 on i.MX6 RainboW-G15D Development Board:

iWave Systems, profoundly known for its genuine embedded solution offerings spanning from SOMs to fully integrated systems, offers Windows Embedded Compact 7 (WEC7) reference BSP for iWave’s i.MX6 platform named RainboW G15D besides the existing Linux & Android BSP versions. All the latest features that WEC7 offers such as Silverlight 3.0, MPEG-4 HD, Expression Blend, Active Sync and also Adobe Flash10.1 are made available.

Freescale i.MX6 Qseven Development Kit iWave Systems.jpg

About i.MX6 Qseven Development Board:

The Development Platform incorporates Qseven compatible i.MX6x SOM which is based on Freescale's iMX 6 Series 1.2GHz multimedia focused processor and Generic Q7 compatible Evaluation Board. This platform can be used for quick prototyping of any high end applications in verticals like Automotive, Industrial & Medical. Being a nano ITX form factor with 120mmx120mm size, the board is highly packed with all necessary on-board connectors to validate complete iMX6 CPU features.

About iWave Systems:

iWave has been an innovator in the development of “Highly integrated, high-performance, low-power and low-cost i.MX6/i.MX50/i.MX53/i.MX51/i.MX27 SOMs”. iWave helps its customers reduce their time-to-market and development effort with its products ranging from System-On-Module to complete systems. The i.MX6 Pico ITX SBC is brought out by iWave in a record time of just 5 weeks. Furthermore, iWave’s i.MX6/i.MX50/i.MX53/i.MX51/i.MX27 SOMs have been engineered to meet the industry demanding requirements like various Embedded Computing Applications in Industrial, Medical & Automotive verticals. iWave provides full product design engineering and manufacturing services around the i.MX SOMs to help customers quickly develop innovative products and solutions.

For more details: WEC7 on i.MX6 Rainbow G15D  | iWave Systems

email: mktg@iwavesystems.com

Labels (1)
No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎08-10-2013 12:21 AM
Updated by: