iWave Systems: SENSORs support in Freescale i.MX6 based RainboW G15D Development Board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iWave Systems: SENSORs support in Freescale i.MX6 based RainboW G15D Development Board

iWave Systems, Proven Partner of Freescale Semiconductor and a leading Embedded Hardware, FPGA and Software Turnkey Design Services and Solutions company, presents improved i.MX 6 Qseven Development Board RainboW-G15D that supports following  sensors:

• 3-Axis Accelerometer
  • Digital e-Compass
  • Ambient Light Sensor
  • Altimeter/Barometer

These sensors interfaced with the iMX6 processor using I2c interface for internal communication and data transfer and also possess INT (interrupt) signal to interrupt the processor about the data. The RainboW-G15D development kit with Linux 3.0.35 BSP supports these various sensors.

3-Axis Accelerometer:

This Accelerometer sensor is used for

• Static orientation detection (Portrait/Landscape, Up/Down, Left/Right, Back/Front position identification).
  • Motion detection for power saving (Auto-SLEEP and Auto-WAKE).
  • Shock and vibration monitoring.

Digital e-Compass:

The digital e-compass sensor is used for measuring magnetic fields with an output date rates up to 80Hz (ODR). It acts as electronic Compass with accurate heading information. Location Based Services.

Ambient Light Sensor:

The ambient light sensor is used for measuring the light rays, it uses the photo detectors to convert the light energy into electrical energy.

Altimeter/Barometer:

This sensor is used for Measuring the pressure/altitude and temperature, it uses ADC to convert physical parameter into electrical.

About i.MX6 Qseven Development Board:

The Development Platform incorporates Qseven compatible i.MX6x SOM which is based on Freescale's iMX 6 Series 1.2GHz multimedia focused processor and Generic Q7 compatible Evaluation Board. This platform can be used for quick prototyping of any high end applications in verticals like Automotive, Industrial & Medical. Being a nano ITX form factor with 120mmx120mm size, the board is highly packed with all necessary on-board connectors to validate complete iMX6 CPU features.

iWave_Systems_Freescale_i.MX6_Qseven_development_board.jpg

About i.MX6 Qseven System On Module (SOM):

iW-RainboW-G15M is Freescale's i.MX6 based Qseven compatible CPU module for faster and multimedia focused applications. The module has on-board expandable 1GB DDR3 RAM, micro SD slot and optional eMMC flash. With the extreme peripheral integration, the module supports industry latest high performance interfaces such as, PCIe Gen2, Gigabit Ethernet, SATA 3.0, HDMI 1.4 and SDXC etc.

iWave_Systems_Freescale_i.MX6_Qseven_SOM.jpg

About iWave Systems:

iWave has been an innovator in the development of “Highly integrated, high-performance, low-power and low-cost i.MX6/i.MX50/i.MX53/i.MX51/i.MX27 SOMs”. iWave helps its customers reduce their time-to-market and development effort with its products ranging from System-On-Module to complete systems. The i.MX6 Pico ITX SBC is brought out by iWave in a record time of just 5 weeks. Furthermore, iWave’s i.MX6/i.MX50/i.MX53/i.MX51/i.MX27 SOMs have been engineered to meet the industry demanding requirements like various Embedded Computing Applications in Industrial, Medical & Automotive verticals. iWave provides full product design engineering and manufacturing services around the i.MX SOMs to help customers quickly develop innovative products and solutions.

For more details: i.MX6 Q7 Development Kit | iWave Systems

email: mktg@iwavesystems.com

Labels (1)
No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎08-08-2013 04:43 AM
Updated by: