Jive for Outlook Plugin Installation Instructions
- Exit the Outlook application
- Download the plugin from Jive community using a web browser. The file can be downloaded from: https://community.nxp.com/artifact/download/outlook.msi
- Microsoft Office 2010/2013/2016/ Office 365 are supported.
- Depending on the browser used (i.e., Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome) the file will either download automatically or prompt for input. If prompted, select the “Run” option if possible. If “Run” is not an option then select “Save file”. If not prompted at all then skip this step and the next.
- Once the file is downloaded it may prompt again to confirm the “Run” option. Click the “Run” button if prompted
- If you were prompted to “Run” in the earlier steps then skip this step and the next. Otherwise, the file automatically downloaded or you chose the option to save the file. Open the download file, JiveOutlookInstaller.msi, either from the bottom of the browser window or in the folder where the file was saved. Most likely the Windows “Downloads” directory is where the file will be found.
- After you click to open the downloaded file you will be prompted. Click the “Run” button
- Click the Next button from the Jive for Outlook Setup screen
- Click "Only for me” button
- Click the “Finish” button after installation is complete. Install takes about 1-2 minutes.
- Start Outlook – The Jive for Outlook plugin will now be visible in the mail window near the top left
- Click Options and "Enable" the plugin
- A new window will appear to Activate Super Search
- Complete the installation, "OK"
- Select "Accounts (Offline)" and ad Community URL: https://community.nxp.com/ and "Check"
- Add your user (CoreId) and password and "Sign in"
- Connection is ready "Close"
2 people found this helpful