Video- Power management on i.MX6 Sabre SDP with WEC7 by iWave Systems

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Embedded Compact 7 (WEC7) BSP customizations by iWave Systems for Freescale’s SABRE SDP/B platform now supports power management. Power management was successfully developed for the i.MX6 multicore platform and tested for the standard suspend and resume functionalities. The processor enters into dormant mode and consumes the least power. As of now, iWave has reduced it to consume as much power as it is currently uses in Linux and Android. i.MX6Q has four CPU cores. The suspend power state not only turns off 3 CPU cores, but also puts the primary CPU on low power mode. On resuming, all 4 cores restart successfully.The process of Power management is being intelligently handled in order to reduce the power consumption to a greater extent. The Power consumption in the idle mode is 800mA whereas in the deep sleep mode it is 380mA, which is very much lesser than in the idle mode. Power Management for multicore processors can be used in a wide variety of handheld devices like tablets, video cameras, mobile phones and other entertainment solutions. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vED0_U20Cc

Labels (1)
No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎05-30-2013 09:49 PM
Updated by: