GPU P11.1 upgrade to fix some bugs for mx6dq ICS release

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overview

The purpose of this document is to provide GPU P11.1 upgraded kernel patches and binaries for ICS R13.4-GA or R13.4.1 release. This GPU upgrade fixed some issues and improve the performance, for example chrome browser mess display issue, GUI miss alignment issue, YV12 CTS verifier fail, improve Antutu benchmark performance, improve HTML5 performance, etc.

Software and HW platform

• Software: R13.4-GA or R13.4.1 Android releases
  • Hardware: MX6Dual/Quad SabreSD board or MX6DualLite SabreSD board.

Patches

You can get the patches from attached zip.

• For R13.4-GA, please apply the kernel patch and gpu binaries in r13.4-ga-p11.1-gpu-upgrade folder, find them in attach.
  • For R13.4.1, please apply the kernel patch and gpu binaries in 13.4.1-p11.1-gpu-upgrade folder, find them in attach.
Comments

Thanks LiuXuegang

Do you know if there's a way to subscribe to announcements like this? Fixes like these are pretty important to those working with Android.

Hi,

I use the ICS on IMX6DL and patched the gpu p10 patch in https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-93987.

I encountered some randomly system hang & kernel panic problem.

So, I tried to upgrade the GPU driver to version p11 provided here.

However, the systemui cannot work when boot. (please reference the log below)

Is this patch only suitable with JB4.2?

Is it a known bug that GPU p10 driver is unstable on IMX6DL?

********************************** LOG *************************************************

D/libEGL  ( 3063): loaded /system/lib/egl/libGLES_android.so

E/libEGL  ( 3063): load_driver(/system/lib/egl/libEGL_VIVANTE.so): Cannot load library: reloc_library[1285]:  2163 cannot locate 'gcoOS_ZeroMemory'...

D/AndroidRuntime( 3063): Shutting down VM

W/dalvikvm( 3063): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x40a681f8)

E/AndroidRuntime( 3063): FATAL EXCEPTION: main

E/AndroidRuntime( 3063): java.lang.RuntimeException: eglConfig not initialized

E/AndroidRuntime( 3063):        at android.view.HardwareRenderer$GlRenderer.initializeEgl(HardwareRenderer.java:565)

E/AndroidRuntime( 3063):        at android.view.HardwareRenderer$GlRenderer.initialize(HardwareRenderer.java:501)

E/AndroidRuntime( 3063):        at android.view.ViewRootImpl.performTraversals(ViewRootImpl.java:1377)

E/AndroidRuntime( 3063):        at android.view.ViewRootImpl.handleMessage(ViewRootImpl.java:2573)

E/AndroidRuntime( 3063):        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)

E/AndroidRuntime( 3063):        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)

E/AndroidRuntime( 3063):        at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4424)

E/AndroidRuntime( 3063):        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)

E/AndroidRuntime( 3063):        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)

E/AndroidRuntime( 3063):        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:784)

E/AndroidRuntime( 3063):        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:551)

E/AndroidRuntime( 3063):        at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

Hi,

I am able to download the GPU tar file.

But I unable to get the content of that tar file.

See the error,

$ tar -xvzf gpu-upgrade-to-p11.1.tar.gz

gpu-upgrade-to-p11.1/

gpu-upgrade-to-p11.1/13.4.1-p11.1-gpu-upgrade/

gpu-upgrade-to-p11.1/13.4.1-p11.1-gpu-upgrade/gpu-lib-13.4.1-p11.1.tar.gz

gzip: stdin: invalid compressed data--format violated

tar: Unexpected EOF in archive

tar: Unexpected EOF in archive

tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

What is this ???

How to get the content successfully ???

Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards,

J.P.Raja

Hello Raja,

Could double check, some AE and customer already update their GPU by the patch and binaries I provided, so should no such issue.

Hello Cliff,

Is this patch only suitable with JB4.2?

The patch is for ICS r13.4-ga and 13.4.1 release.

Is it a known bug that GPU p10 driver is unstable on IMX6DL?

No, it works for IMX6DL.

Your ICS is r13.4-ga release or 13.4.1 release, as I have provide the sepearte patch and updated GPU binaries for both r13.4-ga and 13.4.1 release, please make sure you select the correct patch and GPU binaries.

Dear liu,

i used android 13.4.1 release . i used 13.4.1-p11.1-gpu-upgrade folder ,and add 1、2、3、4、5、6、7、8、9、11 kernel patch and all lib folder

i used the hdmi ,but my srceen not work. can you tell me the which pathch is not need git apply.

Thanks

kai    

Hello Kai,

All patch should be applied, can you reproduce the issue on fsl reference board?

You can update GPU to p12 to have a try follow below link:

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-95704

No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎04-02-2013 08:52 AM
Updated by: