Hoping you had excellent and happy holydays, I must announce a brand new toy that has arrived to enbrighten 2013 developing!
It is the NEW CodeWarrior Development Studio for Microcontrollers v10.3, Evaluation Edition, which will be available for you in the CodeWarrior Page and right in this post since TODAY!
In there you will find the major new features, such as:
- NEW Supported Architectures (for the first time!) Kinetis L Series and S12Z
- Simplified C/C++ and Debug perspectives focus on basic tasks needed for embedded development
- Commander view gives you one click access to many basic tasks
- MQX-Lite RTOS is a Processor Expert component that allows you to add a lightweight kernel to your Kinetis project*
- Processor Expert hardware perspective allows you to build and share board configurations
- ARM Ltd. gcc compiler support for Kinetis L and K Series families
- Eclipse IDE 3.7.1 (Indigo)
Aaaaand many more important details!
When you feel ready to try it out, there is another important detail for you to consider. There are 2 ways of downloading the Software, through the Online Installer or the Offline Installer.
The Online installer assumes your computer has internet access. During the installation process the core tools will be installed and you will be asked to select the Freescale architecture support you want installed. The installer will automatically access the internet, download the necessary archives and install them in your CodeWarrior directory.
Click here to start the download. This archive size is 646 MB.
The Offline installer assumes your computer does NOT have internet access. All data needed by the installer will be downloaded now and no other download will be performed.
Click here to start the download. The total archive size is 1.23 GB
The Evaluation Edition license is automatically installed with your product and you do not need to register it. This license allows you to develop projects as Professional Edition within the 30-day evaluation period. After 30 days, the license works as Special Edition license (free permanent, but feature limited) which supports unlimited assembly code; up to 64KB of C code for ColdFire+, V1 ColdFire, DSC, Kinetis L Series, RS08, S08 derivatives; up to 128KB of C code for Kinetis K Series and V2-V4 ColdFire derivatives; and up to 512KB for Qorivva and PX derivatives.
Happy developing this 2013 CodeWarrior users!!!