Good News for CodeWarrior...the 10.3 era has arrived!!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default CodeWarrior Eclipse Main Frame

Hoping you had excellent and happy holydays, I must announce a brand new toy that has arrived to enbrighten 2013 developing!

It is the NEW CodeWarrior Development Studio for Microcontrollers v10.3, Evaluation Edition, which will be available for you in the CodeWarrior Page and right in this post since TODAY!

Take a few seconds to catch up with the new software! The Release Note will lead you through the new stuff Freescale has got for us!

In there you will find the major new features, such as:

• NEW Supported Architectures (for the first time!) Kinetis L Series and S12Z
  • Simplified C/C++ and Debug perspectives focus on basic tasks needed for embedded development
  • Commander view gives you one click access to many basic tasks
  • MQX-Lite RTOS is a Processor Expert component that allows you to add a lightweight kernel to your Kinetis project*
  • Processor Expert hardware perspective allows you to build and share board configurations
  • ARM Ltd. gcc compiler support for Kinetis L and K Series families
  • Eclipse IDE 3.7.1 (Indigo)

Aaaaand many more important details!

When you feel ready to try it out, there is another important detail for you to consider. There are 2 ways of downloading the Software, through the Online Installer or  the Offline Installer.

The Online installer assumes your computer has internet access. During the installation process the core tools will be installed and you will be asked to select the Freescale architecture support you want installed. The installer will automatically access the internet, download the necessary archives and install them in your CodeWarrior directory.

Click here to start the download. This archive size is 646 MB.

The Offline installer assumes your computer does NOT have internet access. All data needed by the installer will be downloaded now and no other download will be performed.

Click here to start the download. The total archive size is 1.23 GB

Note:

The Evaluation Edition license is automatically installed with your product and you do not need to register it. This license allows you to develop projects as Professional Edition within the 30-day evaluation period. After 30 days, the license works as Special Edition license (free permanent, but feature limited) which supports unlimited assembly code; up to 64KB of C code for ColdFire+, V1 ColdFire, DSC, Kinetis L Series, RS08, S08 derivatives; up to 128KB of C code for Kinetis K Series and V2-V4 ColdFire derivatives; and up to 512KB for Qorivva and PX derivatives.

Happy developing this 2013 CodeWarrior users!!!

Labels (1)
Comments

But those of us who use Linux as our development environment (standard for Freescale i.MX BSPs targeting Linux) are left out in the cold, even those of us who were using CW 10.2 on Linux.

Another case of foot-shooting from Freescale.

Monica, could you please clarify the licensing situation with regards to the "full" 10.3 version, against the 10.3 beta version?

As I understand it, from what Erich has said in the past, 10.3b with gcc allows unlimited code size for Kinetis L. Looking at the product description for 10.3, it looks like you have reverted to the regular full/SE split, so the best you can get for Kinetis L is 64k code size. (By the way - are those limits the size of the source, or the size of the compiled binary?)  The only disadvantage of the beta (that I  can see) is that certain tools (not sure which ones) stop working after a certain period - but the compiler and Processor Expert are good ad infinitum.

Are you restricting gcc, have you stopped using gcc, or ...?

Would just like to get all this clarified - especially as the headline for this part of the forum still says that 10.3b (not regular 10.3) is available for download.

Just hope I kept my beta download somewhere safe!

Hello everybody,

Today I had tha bad idea to install the new 10.3 release (instead of 10.3 beta). After installation the first step was to comile and debug my project that works perfectly with the 10.3 Beta and it make a link error.

In the specific I discover this "little" changing in the compiler that isn't explained in the release notes:

The previous compiler generated files was from main.c to main.obj and the actual compiler change the output in main_c.obj

Obviously it is not report in any document.

I discover it because in my lcf file i need to place specific function in specific flash sector.

I hope this "advise" will be useful.

Bye,

Paolo

No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎01-08-2013 04:20 PM
Updated by: