Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lab1-imx5qsb.pdf

lab1-imx5qsb.pdf

Getting started with Linux on the i.MX53QSB

Attachments
Comments

Greetings Massimo, thank you for posting this. I had actually found the Linux on ARM website and went through the step-by-step with the 2.6.35 kernel, did not get it to boot then tried the 3.4 kernel and it did boot. I'm having a problem running Ubuntu Quantal on my virtual machine (unstable and very slow) so I've installed Debian. Did you do your work with Debian? If so, how did you install the cross-compiler? I tried sudo apt-get install gcc-arm-linux-gnueabi and got "E: Unable to locate package gcc-arm-linux-gnueabi". I've seen a few different techniques including installing Emdebian, installing the Linaro toolchain (which I'm not sure how to do) and a confusing write up about getting Debian to use Ubuntu packages.

-Edward

Dear Edward, the vanilla kernel 2.6.35 does not work with i.MX53. You have to download the LTIB for the i.MX53QSB, and either use the ltib to build it, or look for the kernel source in the LTIB installation, and compile it as described in my document. I'm using Ubuntu as development host (as virtual machine running on top of macosx). I'm using arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc as toolchain. You can try "apt-cache search arm-linux-gnueabi-" and you will find a list of gcc versions for arm targets.

No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎11-20-2012 08:39 AM
Updated by: