A big new way of using the development tools we already know has ben brought by Freescale and the CodeWarrior portfolio, and they have asked us to evaluate and test the beta version of The CodeWarrior™ Development Studio for Microcontrollers v10.3 i don't know about you, but I'M IN!
As a little overview on this releasement, Freescale’s CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers v10.3 Beta integrates the development tools for the ColdFire®, ColdFire+, DSC, Kinetis, Qorivva, PX, RS08, S08 and S12Z architectures into a single product based on the Eclipse open development platform.
Architectures supported in this version of the tools for the first time are:
• Kinetis E Series
In addition to all these new benefits, many new derivatives for other architectures have also been considered:
Major new features of this release include:
• Simplified C/C++ and Debug perspectives focus on basic tasks needed for embedded development
• Commander view gives you 1 click access to many basic tasks
• MQX Lite RTOS is a Processor Expert component that allows you to add a lightweight kernel to your Kinetis project
• Processor Expert hardware perspective allows you to build and share board configurations
Featuring as well the posibilities of:
• Build configuration and debug configuration names are simplified.
• Debug configurations are filtered to only show the current project’s configurations
• Migrated to Eclipse 3.7.1 and CDT 8.0.1
• Casting registers to types
• Debugger engine allows updates without Eclipse restart
If you want to keep finding more advantages and information, take a look at the Release Note
Enough of the textual concepts, let's get down to the practice part!
- To download the software, click HERE
- Please note this is a BETA version, so if any problem or issue comes along, you must report HERE
- If you'd like to provide any kind of feedback, click HERE