Audio and Video (A/V) Receiver

Document created by Fabian Ramirez Employee on Nov 18, 2019Last modified by Juan Rodarte on Jan 22, 2020
Version 5Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Description

An audio and video (A/V) receiver needs to be capable of managing different input sources. These devices integrate different solutions for media and entertaining content and different signals are being processed in a small period of time. The i.MX 8M applications processor supports protocols for typical application soundbars and A/V receivers: HDMI ports, SPDI ports, analog inputs and up to 16-channel analog outputs.

Block Diagram

Products

Category Name 1Microprocessor
Product URL 1i.MX 8M Applications Processor | Arm Cortex-A53, Cortex-M4 | 4K display resolution | NXP 
Product Description 1

The i.MX 8M applications processor provides industry-leading audio, voice and video processing for applications that scale from consumer home audio to industrial building automation and mobile computers.

The video playback capabilities are 1080p60 with a 10-bit decoder, HEVC/H.265 decoder, AVC/H.264 Baseline along with VP8 decoder and encoder. The i.MX 8M Mini also has 5x Synchronous Audio Interfaces (SAI) and 8ch pulse density modulation inputs.

Category Name 2Microcontroller
Product URL 1LPC84x 30MHz|Arm Cortex-M0+|32-bit Microcontrollers (MCUs) | NXP 
Product Description 1This low-cost 32-bit MCU includes a 12-bit ADC, up to 54 GPIOs pins, TWO spi interfaces, along with one analog comparator. This power efficient device is a perfect MCU to work in specific multi-purpose tasks.

Category Name 3Power Manager IC
Product URL 114-channel power management IC optimized for i.MX 8M | NXP 
Product Description 1The PF4210 is a high-performance PMIC that is optimized to power low-cost consumer applications with the i.MX 8M family of applications processors. It can provide power for a complete system, including applications processors, memory and system peripherals.

Category Name 4Battery Charger
Product URL 1MC34673 | Single-cell Battery Charger | NXP 
Product Description 1The MC34673 is a cost-effective fully-integrated battery charger for Li-Ion or Li-Polymer batteries. It tolerates an input voltage up to 28 V, which eliminates the input over-voltage-protection circuit required in handheld devices.

Category Name 5Ethernet PHY Transceiver
Product URL 1TJA1101 | 2nd generation PHY Transceiver | NXP 
Product Description 1

The TJA1101 offers a 100Mbit/s transmit and receive capability per port over up to at least 15m of unshielded twisted pair (UTP) cable, this transceiver is interoperable with any IEEE 100BASE-T1 and OABR compliant PHY. With a 6mm x 6mm the TJA1101 has the smallest footprint for a 100BASE-T1 PHY.

Category Name 6USB switch
Product URL 1High-speed USB 2.0 switch with enable | NXP 
Product Description 1The NX3DV221GM switch is designed for high-speed USB 2.0 signals in handset and consumer applications, such as cell phones, digital cameras, and notebooks with hubs or controllers with limited USB I/Os. This bidirectional switch offers little or no attenuation of the high-speed signals at the outputs. It is designed for low bit-to-bit skew and high channel-to-channel noise isolation.

Category Name 7USB PD/Type-C Shield
Product URL 1PTN5150 | NXP 
Product Description 1PTN5150 enables USB Type-C connector to be used in both host and device ends of the Type-C cable. It can support Type-C to USB legacy cables and adapters defined in USB Type-C Spec. PTN5150 can be configured to dual role, host, or device mode through external configuration pin or through I²C interface.

Category Name 8USB Type C Logic
Product URL 1NX3L4357 | NXP 
Product Description 1The NX3L4357 low-ohmic single-pole triple-throw analog switch suitable for use as an analog or digital 3:1 multiplexer/demultiplexer. Schmitt trigger action at the digital inputs makes the circuit tolerant to slower input rise and fall times.

Category Name 9NTAG i2c interface
Product URL 1NTAG I2C | NXP 
Product Description 1A 32-bit password protected interface, designed to be the perfect enabler for NFC in home-automation and consumer applications. The NT3H2111 NFC tag is the fastest, least expensive way to add tap-and-go connectivity to just about any electronic device.

Category Name 10I²C Digital Temperature Sensor
Product URL 1PCT2075: I2C-bus Fm+, 1 Degree C Accuracy | NXP 
Product Description 1The PCT2075 is a temperature-to-digital converter featuring a 11-bit ADC that offers a temperature resolution of 0.125 °C. The programmable temperature threshold and hysteresis set points during operation.

Category Name 11Dual Bidirectional I²C-Bus Buffer
Product URL 1PCA9600 | NXP 
Product Description 1The PCA9600 allows long buses to be driven in point-to-point or multipoint applications of up to 4000 pF, the PCA9600 also interfaces with opto-couplers to provide opto-isolation between I²C-bus nodes up to 1 MHz

Related Documentation

Document URLTitle

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN10364.pdf

Opto-electrical isolation of the I2C-bus
NXP Semiconductors :: Secure Connections for a Smarter World NTAG Originality Signature Validation

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/nxp/application-notes/AN12407.pdf

LPC845 SPI Secondary Bootloader

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12410.pdf

LPC845 SPI Secondary Bootloader

Related Software

Related Demos from Communities

Attachments

Outcomes