Follow below steps to verify gateway internet connectivity,
1. Insert Micro-USB cable between gateway USB debug port and your PC.
2. Open debug console(Using Teraterm in Windows or Minicom in Ubuntu) in your PC using a baud rate "115200" and HW flow control disabled.
3. Power on the gateway.
4. Log in to the gateway console using below credentials,
5. Verify that gateway has a valid IP address assigned by typing "ifconfig" command. Below is the command,
Find the attached image(ifconfig_command.PNG) for the reference of IP address verification.
The red box in the image indicates the IP address for the ethernet(eth0) interface.
The same will be observed in the wlan0 interface a user is using Wi-Fi for internet connectivity.
6. Verify that gateway is able to ping Amazon web server by using below command,
$ ping -c 4 volansys.noip.me
Find the attached image(ping_command.PNG) for the reference of the ping command response.
If above steps #5 and #6 are working as expected then the gateway has valid internet connectivity.