This NXP demo is a combination of two demos running on the MIMXRT1050-EVK board, showing USB Type-C power delivery and a GUI with touch interface running on the
i.MXRT1050 MCU. See video of demo below.
First example is USBPD demo from the MCUXpresso Software Development Kit (SDK) for the kit. This SDK can be downloaded from https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com. The SDK USBPD project is included at \SDK_2.3.0_EVK-MIMXRT1050-OM13588\boards\evkmimxrt1050_om13588\usb_examples\usb_pd.
This demo uses the FreeRTOS version. Generic description of this demo is included here in the SDK at \SDK_2.3.0_EVK-MIMXRT1050-OM13588\docs\usb\MCUXpresso SDK USB Type-C PD Stack User's Guide.pdf.
Second example is a washing machine GUI using TouchGFX. This example is provided by Draupner Graphics with source code in their TouchGFX release, with more details shared here: https://touchgfx.com/nxp-semiconductors/i-mxrt1050-display-kit/
Here is a video overview of using this combined demo:
For the full demo shown in the video, the following hardware is required:
- MIMXRT1050-EVK - eval kit for i.MXRT1050 MCU
- LCD - comes with MIMXRT1050-EVK
- OM13588 (x2) - USB Type-C shield board, two shields required
- FRDM-K64F - Kinetis K64 Freedom development board
- 0.1" female headers for Arduino connectors, not included
- USB Type-A to male micro-B (2 cables needed)
- USB Type-C male to Type-C male
- 9V power supply with barrel connector (2 supplies needed). Come
with OM13588 kits
This demo was built with the following software versions:
- IAR Embedded Workbench for ARM v8.20.2
- MCUXpresso SDK_2.3.0_EVK-MIMXRT1050-OM13588, Build Date: 2017-12-11
- MCUXpresso SDK_2.3.0_FRDM-K64F-OM13588, Build Date: 2018-01-10
- TouchGFX v4.9.0