Is my Eval Board KMS enabled?

Document created by Philip Drake Employee on Jun 16, 2017
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

If you have a KV31, or KV11 evaluation board and you want to evaluate Kinetis Motor Suite (KMS) then read on.

KMS came out in the 2nd quarter of 2016.  With that announcement we began supporting KMS on the FRDM-KV31F, the TWR-KV31F120M and the HVP-KV31120M. With the announcement June 2017 we added support for HVP-KV11Z75M, TWR-KV11Z75M, and FRDM-KV11Z evaluation boards.

Before that announcement NXP had sold all but the FRDM-KV11Z evaluation boards to customers and to distributors world wide. The FRDM-KV11Z are all KMS enabled since they are brand new. 

Those sold prior to these announcements did not include the KMS library on the eval board's MCU.

As a general rule: evaluation boards in the thin square white NXP box are KMS enabled boards.  I'm holding up one of these boxes in the picture below.  The older Freescale brown boxes may not be KMS enabled.

For sure if the Quick start guide says it is KMS enabled then the KMS library is pre-programmed into the MCU.

If you have the older board and want to swap it out for one that is KMS enabled, contact me on this community and I will help you out.  I will accept your older board, place the factory image on the board's MCU and send it back.

Happy Motoring,

Philip Drake

Senior Applications and System Engineer

NXP Semiconductor

2 people found this helpful

Attachments

Outcomes