Write program to the QSPI-NOR on i.MX 7D SABRE-SDB with MFG-Tool

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some our customers want to use the mfgtool to download the images to QSPI and boot up. When download the demo images on our website (Linux 4.1.15) to the QSPI-NOR on IMX7D SABRE-SDB. The error occurred as follows:

pastedImage_2.png

Is it able to program the QSPI-NOR on i.MX7D SABRE-SDB by using MFG-Tool?

Answer is yes.

In the above error message we can see that the system can not find and detect the qspi, so it can not excute the following code,<CMD state="body="$ flash_erase /dev/mtd0 0 20">Erasing Boot partition</CMD>Updater" type="push" when use the mfgtool to download the images to the QSPI-NOR .

The board i.MX7D SABRE-SDB and default BSP are boot up from EPDC.  Here customer want to boot up from QSPI, When using QSPI, you need to de-populate R388-R391, R396-R399 and populate R392-R395, R299, R300 in your hardware. QSPI signals are muxed with EPDC_D[7:0]. You can see the schematic, details you can see as follow.

pastedImage_5.png

After hardware modify, you can use the mfgtool2-yocto-mx-sabresd-qspi-nor-mx25l51245g.vbs to download. And then boot up from qspi, boot mode you can refer to the schematic boot up setting.

Both software and mfgtool you can download here http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-processors/i.mx-applications-process....

Demo images can documents you can also get.

Labels (2)
No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎06-27-2017 12:48 AM
Updated by: