1. More power – Higher voltage enables higher power density, which helps reduce the number of transistors to combine.
2. Faster development time – With higher voltage, the output power can be increased while retaining a reasonable output impedance.
3. Design Reuse – This impedance benefit also ensures pin-compatibility with current 50 V LDMOS transistors for better scalability.
4. Manageable current level – Higher voltage reduces the current losses in the system.
5. Wide safety margin – The higher breakdown voltage of 182 V improves ruggedness and allows for higher efficiency classes of operation