- Where is the QR code located?
The QR code is located on the bottom side of the Gateway board.
- Does the internet connectivity required to set up the Modular Gateway IDEx demo?
- Which are the possible interface for internet connectivity on the gateway?
WiFi or Ethernet interface can be used for internet connectivity.
- How to do WiFi provisioning for Gateway?
NFC or BLE commission methods are available for WiFi provisioning using android mobile Application. Please refer "MGOOBDSUG.pdf" for more detail.
- How to do NFC/BLE commission on Gateway?
Press and hold the SW1 switch for more than 5 seconds and less than 15 seconds to turn on/off NFC/BLE commission once gateway finish boot up process.
- What does LED1 indicate?
LED1 indicates Cloud connectivity status. Followings are color significance on LED1,
- Red - no internet/cloud connectivity on Gateway.
- Orange - gateway is trying to connect with the cloud.
- Green - gateway is connected with Cloud.
- What does LED2 indicate?
LED2 indicates NFC/BLE commission status. Followings are color significance on LED2,
- Orange - NFC/BLE commission window is started.
- Green - NFC/BLE commission window is turned off.
- What functionalities are mapped with the SW1 switch?
The SW1 switch stands for two functionalities as described below.
- SW1 pressed between 5seconds to 15 seconds, it will turn on/off functionality of NFC/BLE commission window.
- SW1 pressed more than 15 seconds, it will soft power down the gateway board.
- How to flash Linux image in Modular Gateway?
Please refer i.MX6UL Modular Gateway Firmware Flashing Guide (IMX6ULMGFFUG.docx) document to flash Linux image in Modular Gateway
- Which are the RF connectivity option available for 802.15.4?
The Gateway support Thread and Zigbee protocol on 802.15.4 RF radio connectivity.
- Which are Thread chipsets supported by Gateway?
The Gateway supported Thread chipsets are as below,
- Which are Zigbee chipsets supported by Gateway?
The Gateway supported Zigbee chipsets are as below,
- Which Thread specification supported by thread chipset?
The thread chipset supports Thread specification 1.1.
- How to identify RF chips inside the Modular Gateway?
To identify the RF radio module inside the Modular Gateway, please refer the part number of the Modular Gateway. The part number is the label on the bottom side of the gateway. The part number format is like: VT-GTWY-6UL0X-MX-MX. The last two number MX-MX refer to the radio module present inside gateway board. Below are the valid value and indication of RF chip
- M1 - KW22D512 module
- M2 - KW41Z module
- M3 - JN5169 module
- M4 - JN5179 module
- How to flash/upgrade the firmware of JN5169 module inside the Modular Gateway?
Please refer JN5169_Module_Firmware_Flashing_Guide-v1.1.docx to flash the firmware on JN5169 module inside the Modular Gateway.
- How to flash/upgrade the firmware of JN5179 module inside the Modular Gateway?
Please refer JN5179_Module_Firmware_Flashing_Guide-v1.0.docx to flash the firmware on JN5179 module inside the Modular gateway.
- How to flash/upgrade the firmware of KW41Z module inside the Modular Gateway?
Please refer MKW41Z_Module_Firmware_Flashing_Guide-v1.1.docx to flash firmware on KW41Z module
- How to flash/upgrade the firmware of KW22D512 module inside the Modular Gateway?
Please refer MKW2xD_Module_Firmware_Flashing_Guide-v1.3.docx to flash firmware on KW22D512 module inside Gateway
- Which are Thread end devices supported in IDEx Demo?
The Modular Gateway support off the self FRDMK64+MCR20A, FRDM-KW24D512, and FRDM-KW41Z as the end device. It also supports KW41Z or MW22D512 module with MENP & RGB click as Thread End device
- Which are the ZigBee end devices supported in IDEx Demo?
The Modular Gateway supports Zigbee HA1.2 profile supported Zigbee bulbs as well as JN5169 or JN5179 module with RGB click mounted on MENP board
- Does JN5179 support Zigbee 3.0?
- Does JN5169 support Zigbee 3.0?
- What is the minimum requirement of Android Device to run Android Mobile Application of IDEx Demo?
Android Device with the following configuration,
- OS: Android Lollipop 5.0 & higher
- Device Form factor: Phone
- NFC support
- Internet connectivity via WiFi/4G
- Rear Camera
- Recommended Models: Nexus 5, Nexus 5x, Samsung Galaxy S4/S6
- What is the hardware requirement to setup IDEX demo?
Following is the list of hardware requirement to setup IDEX demo
- Android Mobile Phone with the following configuration
Android Lollipop 5.0 & higher
Internet connectivity via WiFi/4G
Recommended Models: Nexus 5, Nexus 5x, Samsung Galaxy S4/S6
- Modular Gateway Board.
- FRDM-KW24D512 or FRDM-K64F+MCR20A or FRDM-KW41Z or MENP-KW41Z or MENP-KW22D as
Thread End device with preferred firmware.
- MENP-JN5169 or MENP-JN5179 as ZigBee End Device with preferred IDEx demo firmware
or ZigBee Bulb Sylvania ZigBee BR30 LED.
- NFC tags (Passive).
- Router to provide internet connectivity to Gateway via Ethernet or Wi-Fi.
- Power supply for MENP board (Micro USB cable).
- SEGGER J-Link with software to flash the firmware on MENP-KW22D or MENP-KW41Z.
- Windows PC to flash firmware (Gateway Linux, MENP-KW41Z, MENP-KW22D, MENP-JN5169/JN5179)
- Android Mobile Phone with the following configuration
Modular Gateway Hardware configuration
- Which processor is used in Modular Gateway?
i.MX6UL processor as SoM is used.
- What is the CPU speed of i.MX6UL?
The CPU speed of i.MX6UL is 528 Mhz
- What is the CPU architecture?
The CPU architecture is Cortex-A7
- What is Storage capacity of NAND flash?
The Modular Gateway has 1GB NAND flash support.
- What is DDR ram size?
The DDR ram size is 256MB
- What is maximum supported DDR RAM size?
The DDR RAM can be expanded up to 1GB DDR3
- Does Modular Gateway support WiFi connectivity?
- Which WiFi module is used in the Modular Gateway?
The Murata 1DX module being used inside the Modular Gateway.
- Does WiFi module support AP & STA mode?
- Is 802.11ac supported by WiFi module?
No. The WiFi module supports only 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi plus BLE/BT.
- Does the Modular Gateway support SD card?
- Does the Modular Gateway have USB interface?
Yes. Two USB port are available.
- Does the Modular Gateway support NFC?
- Does the Modular Gateway have RTC support?
Yes. The Modular Gateway has onboard & external RTC support.
- Does the Modular Gateway support secure boot feature?