This post will step by step show how to report a software defect or problem to NXP support team. Please take a few minutes to read it. This will help us investigate the issue more efficiently and quickly.
Basically we need prepare:
1. Your IDE version:
- If you use classic version: Start the IDE and click on Help | About Freescale CodeWarrior. Click on Installed Products. Save all info displayed into a txt file.
- If you use eclipse version: Start the IDE and click on Help | About CodeWarrior Development Studio or About Kinetis Design Studio. Save the version and build id.
2. Demo Code:
- Create a demo project to show the problem. Then send the entire sample code folder in zip format.
- If the problem is in NXP SW package, for example SDK package, please provide the SW version or download link.
3. Mention how to reproduce the problem step by step with the demo code.
4. Error screenshot.
Steps of submitting the case:
1. Go to Sales and Support page, click on Hardware & Software for Submit new ticket:
2. Then click on “Add a new case”
3. Fill the New Case form.
Here is an example: