We are pleased to announce the release of MQX RTOS v4.2.
Important note on the roadmap:
Future Freescale MQX RTOS releases will be part of the Kinetis SDK. No future separate general releases of MQX RTOS 4.x are planned from Freescale. Contact Freescale Sales for availability of software and services.
MQX RTOS v4.2 Details
Board Support Packages (BSPs)
Supporting Kinetis K-Series MCUs & Vybrid MCUs
New Features and Updates
- MFS Updates – Multiple read/write support, improvements in directory & file search/seek, and general speed and code-size optimizations
- New USB Stack (Select MCUs only) – Simplified API, improved performance, reduced memory footprint, composite device support, more robust Hub support
- Driver Updates and Other Features
- New TLSF memory allocator (optional) for higher determinism / lower fragmentation
- RTCS Updates
- New Features – Websockets, Link-Local Multicast Name Resolution (LLMNR), GPRS modem example, iperf performance example, Secure webserver (HTTPs) example
- Sockets API updated for improved Berkeley Sockets compatibility
- New IPv6 protocols – DHCPv6 Client, Telnet Client, TFTP Client/Server, FTP Client [add-on for purchase]
- CyaSSL TLS/SSL [free add-on for evaluation]
- Kinetis Design Studio 3.0
- IAR Embedded Workbench 7.40
- Keil ARM-MDK 5.14
- CodeWarrior 10.6
- ARM® DS-5™ 5.20
- GNU tools for ARM® 4.8-2014-q3-update
Host OS Support
Installers for Windows 7/8 & Linux (Ubuntu 13.10 and later)
How to Get Started
1. Visit http://www.freescale.com/mqxrtos
2. Click Download
3. Log-in to Freescale.com if you have not done so already.
4. Click MQX RTOS v4.2 releases and patches
5. Review and accept or decline the license agreement terms
6. Click to download the file for your host OS (Windows .exe or Linux .gz)
7. Run the installer or extract the files
On Windows, the default source directory is C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_2\
8. Check out the release notes and getting started guides in the /doc directory
Enjoy! Best of luck with your embedded projects!
This document was generated from the following discussion: The specified item was not found.