New Pins Tool for i.MX Application Processors is available!

Document created by Styger Employee on Jun 15, 2016Last modified by Styger Employee on Jun 27, 2016
Version 2Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

The new NXP Pins Tool for i.MX Applications Processors which has been showcased at FTF 2016 in Austin is now available as desktop application:

The Pins Tool makes configuring, muxing and routing of pins very easy and fast. It provides real-time feedback of conflicts and provides an intuitive graphical interface with several views. The tool generates device tree (.dtsi) and sources files which can be directly integrated into C/C++ applications.

The following devices are supported:

- i.MX 6Dual/Quad

- i.MX 6DualPlus/QuadPlus

- i.MX 6DualLite

- i.MX 6Solo

- i.MX 6SoloLite

- i.MX 6SoloX

- i.MX 6UltraLite

- i.MX 7Dual

- i.MX 7Solo

The Pins Tool is available as download from http://www.nxp.com/pinsimx (Windows, Mac OS X and Linux 64bit) under the 'Software' category.

There are two different installer types:

1. 'offline' is a 140 MByte download. This method is recommended for slower internet connections or for installation on multiple machines.
  2. 'online' is a smaller download, all the other installation data will be loaded from the internet during installation.

Mac OS X and Linux installers are 64bit. For Windows there are both 32bit and 64bit installers available.

It is recommended to download the additional header files if not already installed/provided by your BSP because they are referenced by the initialization code. The header files are available in the following download under 'Headers':

Documentation is available under the documentation section, as well attached to this article:

For installation, check out the installation guide. For first steps, use the Getting started document.

We hope you find this tool useful!

i.MX Community | NXP Community:

http://www.imxcommunity.org

2 people found this helpful

Outcomes