New Pins Tool for i.MX Application Processors is available!

Document created by Erich Styger Employee on Jun 15, 2016Last modified by Erich Styger Employee on Jun 27, 2016
Version 2Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

The new NXP Pins Tool for i.MX Applications Processors which has been showcased at FTF 2016 in Austin is now available as desktop application:

The Pins Tool makes configuring, muxing and routing of pins very easy and fast. It provides real-time feedback of conflicts and provides an intuitive graphical interface with several views. The tool generates device tree (.dtsi) and sources files which can be directly integrated into C/C++ applications.

The following devices are supported:

- i.MX 6Dual/Quad

- i.MX 6DualPlus/QuadPlus

- i.MX 6DualLite

- i.MX 6Solo

- i.MX 6SoloLite

- i.MX 6SoloX

- i.MX 6UltraLite

- i.MX 7Dual

- i.MX 7Solo

The Pins Tool is available as download from http://www.nxp.com/pinsimx (Windows, Mac OS X and Linux 64bit) under the 'Software' category.

There are two different installer types:

1. 'offline' is a 140 MByte download. This method is recommended for slower internet connections or for installation on multiple machines.
  2. 'online' is a smaller download, all the other installation data will be loaded from the internet during installation.

Mac OS X and Linux installers are 64bit. For Windows there are both 32bit and 64bit installers available.

It is recommended to download the additional header files if not already installed/provided by your BSP because they are referenced by the initialization code. The header files are available in the following download under 'Headers':

Documentation is available under the documentation section, as well attached to this article:

For installation, check out the installation guide. For first steps, use the Getting started document.

We hope you find this tool useful!

i.MX Community | NXP Community:

http://www.imxcommunity.org

2 people found this helpful

Outcomes