Demo Owner: Mark Houston
The 3 Pillars of Kinetis V series software enablement are Kinetis Motor Suite, Kinetis Motor Control Toolbox and Kinetis Reference Designs.
- The Kinetis V Series portfolio is focused on providing software solutions for motor and power control, no matter your knowledge of the application.
- Kinetis V enables customers with little motor control experience or a short time to market with Kinetis Motor Suite.
- For customer with more application knowledge Kinetis V enables you with our reference design software, or our model based design tools, both incorporating NXPs Embedded Software Libraries
KV11 Dual BLDC
Sensorless BLDC motor control is increasingly popular. Nowadays, application with multiple BLDC motors are becoming more common. Therefore, the best option seems to be independent sensorless motor control using single microcontroller. This method provides robust, long life and low cost operation.
This reference design supports sensorless motor control of two Brushless DC (BLDC) motors using a single Kinetis KV11 device. Two BLDC motors are controlled independently, this means each motor can be running at different speed. Demo is friendly controlled and monitored through FreeMASTER. Communication between KV11 and FreeMASTER is done via FlexCAN module. CAN protocol provides a robust, fast and reliable operation.
Sensorless ACIM FOC Motor Control on Kinetis V
This demo shows the benefits of NXP Kinetis V enabled sensorless vector control of AC Induction Machine (ACIM) over conventional open-loop scalar control. You can compare speed tracking and power efficiency performance on your own speed and load profile.
- HVP-MC3PH high-voltage development platform with HVP-KV46F256 daughter MCU card enabled by ACIM
- Motor Control Reference Solution Package (MCRSP) and Power Factor Correction (PFC) software
- FRDM-KV31F freedom platform featuring FreeRTOS based software for control of synchronous motor acting as ACIM load
- Precise measurement with KM34Z single-phase power meter
- Interactive demo control via FreeMASTER and MCAT tools enabled PC
Digital controlled LLC resonant converter using Kinetis KV46
This development kit show the design of a fully digital off-line DC/DC switched-mode power supply (SMPS) using an LLC resonant converter topology.
- Technical parameters:
- Input voltage: 390VDC
- Output power: 250W
- Output power: 12V
- Output Current: 21A
- Switching frequency 75-300kHz
Main Board Features:
- High efficiency
- Replaceable Controller card
- GaN power FETs
- Synchronous rectifier
- Analog sensing (resonant tank current, output voltage, output current, phase currents, back-EMF voltage, PFC currents, IGBT module temperature monitoring)
- Input over current protection
- Output over current protection
- Serial interface for communication with Auxiliary flyback power supply
DSC Dual Servo
Many applications require synergy control among multiple motors. Multiple motors controlled on single chip is the good way to solve this demand. Dual servo motors control is popular for two dimensions control applications such as sewing machine, camera gimbal system etc. This demo shows the capability of NXP DSC to control dual servo motors on single chip, and the two servo motors can be run well independently.
- This reference design supports dual servo motors control on single MC56F84789 DSC. Three control loops (position loop, speed loop and fast current loop) are enabled for each servo motor, a patented low speed measurement algorithm is used to achieve excellent low speed performance with low-cost quadrature encoder. Through FreeMASTER GUI, this demo can be friendly controlled and monitored.
Sensorless FOC PMSM control is demanded frequently from many application for energy efficiency and quiet operation. Even some low end motor control applications such as HVAC blower, indoor blower of AC system, industrial fan and pump etc. require sensorless FOC solution. KE02 HVP sensorless FOC PMSM is targeted on low-cost sensorless FOC solution on KE02 for sensorless FOC entry level in NXP
This reference design targets the MKE02Z32 low end 32-bit M0+ based microcontroller for ultra low cost sensorless FOC PMSM drive solution. Extended Flux observer and DQ Back-EMF observer/tracking observer are used to control motor for excellent performance during low-speed region and mid-/high-speed region respectively. Three-shunt current sensing algorithm and single-shunt current sensing algorithm are optional, and anti-wind startup feature is enabled as well. Through FreeMASTER GUI, this demo can be friendly controlled and monitored.
Featured NXP Products:
- KINETIS MOTOR SUITE: Simple motor control developme|NXP
- Motor Control Development Toolbox|NXP
- Kinetis Designs|NXP
- ARM Cortex-M0+/M4/M7 Cores|Kinetis V MCUs|NXP
- 3-Phase AC Induction Motor Control Design|NXP
- 3-Phase PMSM Motor Control Reference Design|NXP
- 3-Phase Brushless DC Motor Control Design|NXP
- Embedded Software Motor Control and Power Conversio|NXP
- High-Voltage Development Platform|NXP