This demo shows the simplicity of LED drive by using the NPIC6C596 device. No microcontroller is required to sequentially drive 8 LED channels.
Two dials allow the user to set the speed and interval of 8 sequentially flashing LEDS.
This demo dynamically shows a simple, low cost method to add LEDs to any application
- Serial In Parallel Out (SIPO) interface simplifies interface to MCU
- Integrated FETS drive up to 100mA @30V per channel
- Integrated over current and over temperature control
- Multiple NPIC devices can be cascaded to allow very large number of LED channels with no additional microcontroller IO pins
- NPIC provides the lowest cost-per-channel for LED drive
Featured NXP Products: