NXP Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensors (TPMS) were preloaded the firmware libraries and test software for a variety of customer use cases. The preloaded TPMS bootloader provides wireless software update function for the aftermarket. This demo uses Kinetis KW01 and Low Frequency emitter to accomplish TPMS over-the-air software update.
315 MHz RF
125 KHz LF
IAR Embedded Workbench for ARM 7.40
NXP Parts Used
LF Emitter Board
Prototype Launched for Alpha customers
MRB-KW019032 x 2
- MRB-KW019032 Board A: Connected with LF Emitter Board
- MRB-KW019032 Board B: Standalone
TPMS879011 x 1
LF Emitter Board x 1
LF Emitter Board
A prebuild TPMS870911 firmware is stored in MRB-KW019032 Board A and this firmware will be sent to TPMS870911 via 125kHz LF signal. After TPMS870911 completes the firmware update, TPMS870911 will send the information of pressure sensor to MRB-KW019032 Board B via 315 MHz RF signal.
- Download MKW01_TPMS_bootloader into MRB-KW019032 Board A with IAR 7.40
- Download TPMS-MKW01-IAR7v4-Project into MRB-KW019032 Board B with IAR 7.40
- Download MPXY8702_TPMS_bootloader into TPMS870911 with CodeWarrior V6.3
- Connect USB cable between PC and both of MRB-KW019032 boards, and open the terminal with the following settings
• 115200 baud rate
• 8 data bits
• No parity
• One stop bit
• No flow control
5. Press the reset button on both of MRB-KW019032 boards and then the demo message will be shown on the terminal.
6. Short Pin19 of J15 (PTD6) on MRB-KW019032 Board A as SW3 press to start TPMS870911 over-the-air software update.
Original Attachment has been moved to: TPMS-MKW01-IAR7v4-Project.zip
Original Attachment has been moved to: MPXY8702_TPMS_bootloader.rar
Original Attachment has been moved to: MKW01_TPMS_bootloader.rar